The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

We picked up some Crele, Red and Cuckoo Orps today, should be all English. We also got some more Lemon cuckoo's and odds and ends. All varying from 3 months to 18mo old. Oh and picked up a Partridge Rooster to go with my 2 Hens.

My Lucky, seen here in the snow, might be a momma. I'm setting 4 of her eggs and 4 of her momma's eggs today. Can't wait to see Harry's grandchicks.

Hi All, I'm in Northern Cal also, located in San Francisco, Bay Area. I have an 8 month old Jubilee Roo, and trying to decide wh ether to keep him or not. He is huge and beautifull coloring on him but not sure about leg length, and type. Any feedback would be appreciated. Earthbird
Keep him ! He fits the US standard on type.
need better pics, wouldnt it be nice if he grew out and fit the English SOP? because thats what he is and thats what he should fit. If he fits the American one I would cull him. find him a nice pet home.

We picked up some Crele, Red and Cuckoo Orps today, should be all English. We also got some more Lemon cuckoo's and odds and ends. All varying from 3 months to 18mo old. Oh and picked up a Partridge Rooster to go with my 2 Hens.

cool! pics soon?? where did you get them? I really like the crele

need better pics, wouldnt it be nice if he grew out and fit the English SOP? because thats what he is and thats what he should fit. If he fits the American one I would cull him. find him a nice pet home.
I can't imagine culling this bird. The US and UK standards are so similar. The birds being shown in the UK are so over done, that they do not fit the UK standard. This bird does, and if the variety were recognized, would show well in the US.

I can't imagine culling this bird. The US and UK standards are so similar. The birds being shown in the UK are so over done, that they do not fit the UK standard. This bird does, and if the variety were recognized, would show well in the US.

really hard to tell that from those two pics, I disagree with your opinion. your still focusing on that one pic of that one buff... there is a difference between the two, if there were not, we would not have this thread eh? this one for the import type..that has lots of fluff... short back... and more fluff... :D

My Lucky, seen here in the snow, might be a momma. I'm setting 4 of her eggs and 4 of her momma's eggs today. Can't wait to see Harry's grandchicks.

She's beautiful but I'm fixated on the greenery in the back! I haven't seen green for so long, that I've almost forgotten what it looks like.

Back
Top Bottom