The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

really hard to tell that from those two pics, I disagree with your opinion. your still focusing on that one pic of that one buff... there is a difference between the two, if there were not, we would not have this thread eh? this one for the import type..that has lots of fluff... short back... and more fluff...
big_smile.png
My point is that this bird is now in the US, and if it is ever shown, it will show according to the APA SOP, not the UK standard.With the rising popularity of the Jubilees, I can see possible recognition in 5 + years as a variety, but those birds will have to meet APA standards.

really hard to tell that from those two pics, I disagree with your opinion. your still focusing on that one pic of that one buff... there is a difference between the two, if there were not, we would not have this thread eh? this one for the import type..that has lots of fluff... short back... and more fluff... :D

My point is that this bird is now in the US, and if it is ever shown, it will show according to the APA SOP, not the UK standard.With the rising popularity of the Jubilees, I can see possible recognition in 5 + years as a variety, but those birds will have to meet APA standards.

there again, are lots of birds shown that do not fit the SOP, there is no law that says they have to. they dont have to meet anything other than what the owner interprets as the standard. The judge will decide in the end whether or not they think it fits. and for some of us, we dont really care. Some dont ever have plans on showing, they just happen to like the big fluffy type. nothing wrong with that, some show their big fluffy birds and in fact win. Depends on what the judge on the day thought. I personally hate to see them bred down to fit the SOP here. Why do we have to make everything different once it gets here? why cant it stay the same as it was before it got here? never ending battle isnt it? cant even have big english fluffy birds in a thread made just for them... can you live with that? I can, its why I dont hop over to the American orp thread and goad everyone into putting more fluff on their birds ;)

Well I have sold all of my Orps.

got paid and everything. great huh, one thing, they can not get pick up so now im stuck with them again, ill just have to make more room to keep them.

I got to give a refund to some of my fellow peeps, but its ok I was missing my fluff ball any ways.

[COLOR=0000FF]Good Gawd those are so e pretty Orps!! Why do you have to live 15 hours away??[/COLOR]

because its warmer, and no snow lol.

I don't blame you, it's to be 7 degrees and windy tomorrow. Another day of constantly changing out waterers and watching for frost bite. My poor babies.

Nava, those birds are so pretty, they can't possibly be your culls. Are you moving on from Orps? Making space for another breed?

I want to go with my naked necks, and I needed the room, but I guess im going to have to make more room
I have 7 colors with my NNs and I really needed that extra pen, I love the orps too but I love nn more.

that's a young cockerel, from last spring I sold most of them but I guess I can make room for 4 orps, im keeping the splash pullet,2 black ones and a blue cockerel

yea its going to be a cold one here to, we are going to be in the mid 40s

there again, are lots of birds shown that do not fit the SOP, there is no law that says they have to. they dont have to meet anything other than what the owner interprets as the standard. The judge will decide in the end whether or not they think it fits. and for some of us, we dont really care. Some dont ever have plans on showing, they just happen to like the big fluffy type. nothing wrong with that, some show their big fluffy birds and in fact win. Depends on what the judge on the day thought. I personally hate to see them bred down to fit the SOP here. Why do we have to make everything different once it gets here? why cant it stay the same as it was before it got here? never ending battle isnt it? cant even have big english fluffy birds in a thread made just for them... can you live with that? I can, its why I dont hop over to the American orp thread and goad everyone into putting more fluff on their birds
wink.png
I keep a line of 100% English Buffs. I like them very much.I am not criticizing the UK birds, but novices need to be made aware that the really Cochiny birds do not fit either the UK standard, or the APA standard. Our two standards are really very similar. People are certainly free to breed whatever suits their fancy, but I've seen many novices sorely disappointed when their expensive, big fluffy birds were placed at the end of the line.

there again, are lots of birds shown that do not fit the SOP, there is no law that says they have to. they dont have to meet anything other than what the owner interprets as the standard. The judge will decide in the end whether or not they think it fits. and for some of us, we dont really care. Some dont ever have plans on showing, they just happen to like the big fluffy type. nothing wrong with that, some show their big fluffy birds and in fact win. Depends on what the judge on the day thought. I personally hate to see them bred down to fit the SOP here. Why do we have to make everything different once it gets here? why cant it stay the same as it was before it got here? never ending battle isnt it? cant even have big english fluffy birds in a thread made just for them... can you live with that? I can, its why I dont hop over to the American orp thread and goad everyone into putting more fluff on their birds ;)

I keep a line of 100% English Buffs. I like them very much.I am not criticizing the UK birds, but novices need to be made aware that the really Cochiny birds do not fit either the UK standard, or the APA standard. Our two standards are really very similar. People are certainly free to breed whatever suits their fancy, but I've seen many novices sorely disappointed when their expensive, big fluffy birds were placed at the end of the line.

exactly :) everyone is free to breed and keep what they like. But perhaps there is another place, such as PM or the other orp thread to suggest they breed them down. I like to think they are over here on this thread because they liked the big fluffy English import type? maybe? has to be someplace we can escape the debate?
Some nice Florida birds just posted, wish we were closer, then we would be warm and able to take those fluffballs off your hands :)

Back
Top Bottom