The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

I had a pair of 100% English red crele imported from England but I am left with the rooster only. The female got killed by a dog. My new crele females, which I got from Nellie just started laying, so I guess I'll find out soon if they breed true or not. I am attaching a picture of him now. He had frostbite this winter on his comb. I got pictures of him before the frost bite as well (pic. #2) .

Here is one of Sandra Hildreth regular Crele (Legbar) Roosters.
Looks similar except for maybe the underfluff?

Here is what Essex Orps project Red Crele rooster looks like:

His fluff towards the bottom is goldish red as well.
Is that the main difference?
(Sorry, just trying to understand the differences.)

Last edited:
Mine looks exactly like the red crele from Essex oprington. It has red triangle in the wing, and reddish cuckoo under fluff on the bottom. The tail is really the only thing that has greenish dark cuckoo feathers. That's just from what I see as a difference.

I had a pair of 100% English red crele imported from England but I am left with the rooster only. The female got killed by a dog. My new crele females, which I got from Nellie just started laying, so I guess I'll find out soon if they breed true or not. I am attaching a picture of him now. He had frostbite this winter on his comb. I got pictures of him before the frost bite as well (pic. #2) .

They look so funny after frostbite, I have 2 Rhodebars that lost every point on their comb this winter.

If you haven't already be sure to enter in our newest giveaway for a chance to win some treats for your hens!!

1. Go to my page: https://www.facebook.com/LotsACluckinFarm

2. Be sure you have "Liked" my page!

3. Find the post about the Sponsored Giveaway I have i pinned to the top of my page so it is easy to find!

4. Comment on that post and tell all of you friends about our giveaway!

We want as many people as possible to enter their names!

There will be three winners and each winner gets 2 different treats!
Value is about $10 per winner!

I popped 13 eggs in the incubator, 7 from Princess, my blue jubilee English orpington! She's 100% English, but had a blue grandparent :) the father is either a half blue, half jubilee cockerel, or my jubilee rooster.

Back
Top Bottom