The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Just a shoutout to my Jubilees for avoiding frostbite. My lav and black/lav split roos all have a touch on their very tall combs, but my Jub roos have more modest combs. They are dumb birds, but they are geniuses at staying warm and using all those fluffy layers to best advantage. They snuggle very closely. Maybe not so dumb after all? It has been below zero and single digits for ages here in IN, and all the heat lamps and insulation can't protect all of them. I'm just happy none have died or lost toes. I have some 5 year olds that I've fretted over, since they barely come out to eat and drink, preferring to stay in the henhouse. Supposed to be in the 20s Sunday, which will be a real treat!

As many of you may know we have been raising and trying to improve our newly obtained Jubilee English Orpingtons for the last 10 months. After consulting with several renowned English Orpington breeders from around the world we here at Lots 'A' Cluckin' Farm feel that we have made the correct culling and breeding choices. Though we are still very early into our breeding program with the Jubilees, I am confident that the birds we have chosen to breed together will produce among some of the nicest Jubilee English Orpingtons that we currently have in the U.S. today. Over the next few generations more of our breeding goals for our Jubilees will be met. I strive to maintain and improve the crisp and clear color pattern that the Jubilees are known for. As with all of my English Orpingtons I strive for good type, color and size while trying to maintain their dual-purposeness, good layers, good meat birds, good foragers, for the hens, good mothers and for the roosters, good protectors. All of my English Orpingtons are very docile in nature if I am ever get an aggressive in nature rooster I am sure to cull him out of my breeding programs as to not pass on his aggressive nature to the offspring.

Without further ado, I am happy to announce that we have deiced to release our Jubilee English Orpingtons this spring! We will begin offering eggs for sell in early March of 2015. We are currently taking names for the waiting list so if you would like be guaranteed eggs from our beautiful Jubilee English Orpingtons this spring or if you have any questions please feel free to contact me by messaging me here or E-mailing me at: [email protected]

Thanks to all of those wonderful breeders who have helped me make some breeding decisions!

Nice type on the jubilees, I really like the 3rd hen.

hard to tell from the pics, but does the roo have white tail feathers? They are pretty, but I'd strive for just white tipped feathers in the jubilees.

Nice type on the jubilees, I really like the 3rd hen.

hard to tell from the pics, but does the roo have white tail feathers? They are pretty, but I'd strive for just white tipped feathers in the jubilees
The entire feather is not white but a good portion of it is. I am still trying improve that!

This is Fancy, my new girl. I am just so excited about her. The breeder said she was 8-9 months, but I am not sure. She has not yet started laying. I am hoping once she gets adjusted she will start.

Last edited:
Fancy is a very pretty lady! I have 8 Blue English Orpingtons and love the breed!

Thanks for them Kimberly!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom