The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Random question - I have a week old English orph and she is SO LOUD in the mornings...and I mean early from like 3-5. Is this typical for the breed or do I just have a chatty chick?

Random question - I have a week old English orph and she is SO LOUD in the mornings...and I mean early from like 3-5. Is this typical for the breed or do I just have a chatty chick?

You just have a chatty chick. I had a couple in my group. The loudest is now my fav pullet (she's always been "top dog" and she's so adorably demanding).

Last edited:
You just have a chatty chick. I had a couple in my group. The loudest is now my fav pullet (she's always been "top dog" and she's so adorably demanding).
I've always heard that Orps are at the bottom of the pecking order -but favs to their owners. So, I always thought my English Orp was at the bottom. Not so when I come bearing treats. My sweet orp turns into such a bully. The smaller hens may rule the roost & sleep on the highest beam next to the roo, but when food is involved, no hen better get in her way! She's also chatty & follows me around demanding treats. That's about all she ever says, though. LOL

I'm loving her so far she's sooo sweet. She's the same age/size as my silver laced wyandotte but shes much friendlier. I am constantly "losing" her in the brooder though...all my other chicks are blues/blacks and I look over and my little white/yelllow splash chick blends right in with the bedding
lau.gif

Haha! I have tiny pterodactyl as well. She's incredibly LOUD from the moment she wakes up til I close the coop door at night. I'm honestly more worried about neighbors complaining about her than the three roos, who are really quiet! She is super friendly and curious though, but extremely chatty. She has a deep sound like RAAAAAWR that she does over and over again when she wants food/attention/cuddles/ or when another chicken simply looks her direction lol
But she is the cutest Lavender soccer ball of my bunch.

Ya...all the other babies are making cute little chirpy quiet noises...waking up....digging around.....

And then there's my orpington screaming CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP....and always starts at 330am. I swear that bird can read time.

Recieved bbs eggs from chickenman01 in Mississippi yesterday. Got bator warming up for eggs tomorrow. Chickenman01 is great for bbs orp eggs, for anyone interested.

Back
Top Bottom