The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Calum, thank you for joining us here on this thread. The Reds are fantastic. I love, love, love the Reds. Good job

I wish we could buy some of each from you..
tongue.png
Thank you so much for joining the list and sharing pictures of your lovely birds.

Quote:
Oh my word. I saw these photos and had had a major case of the vapors !!! Gorgeous birds. Thank you for joining us Calum. I'm not a huge fan of the Chocolates or any of the Cuckoos
hide.gif
but those Jubilee and Gold Laced sure are fine.
droolin.gif
I really MUST have some of the Reds. We mostly have just Buff, Blue, Black, Splash Orpingtons. There are some breeders that are currently working on Whites as well. There are also a few people who have imported the Lemon Cuckoos and there are some imported Chocolates here as well. Julie and I have imported the BBS and we are both working hard on our flocks. My dream is to import some Crele Orps. You have any of those you'd like to send over on a Student Exchange Program? :flget I love the English orps far better than the American orps.

Again, glad you joined us !!

Joy .... aka...justuschickens59

Last edited:
Hello all and good morning from (not so sunny) England,

Thank you all very much for all your welcome and kind responses to our pictures; @jeremy, as far as I am aware the Chocolate variety only exists in the bantam form. Actually at the moment, my father is trying to create the l/f variety so hopefully we will have them up on our site within the next 3 months. To be honest, I'm not surprised at the reaction the reds have got, even here they are extremely rare and I still can't believe how lucky we have been to get them. Our cockerel from that picture has been ranked 5th by experts in the UK but according to the master breeder of the red orpingtons, Bob Follows himself, our other cockerel is one of the best he has ever seen.

Would you like me to post the pictures of him in the next post?

Oh my word. I saw these photos and had had a major case of the vapors !!! Gorgeous birds. Thank you for joining us Calum. I'm not a huge fan of the Chocolates or any of the Cuckoos but those Jubilee and Gold Laced sure are fine. I really MUST have some of the Reds. We mostly have just Buff, Blue, Black, Splash Orpingtons. There are some breeders that are currently working on Whites as well. There are also a few people who have imported the Lemon Cuckoos and there are some imported Chocolates here as well. Julie and I have imported the BBS and we are both working hard on our flocks. My dream is to import some Crele Orps. You have any of those you'd like to send over on a Student Exchange Program? :flget I love the English orps far better than the American orps.

Again, glad you joined us !!

Joy .... aka...justuschickens59

Haha, we do actually have some Creles but given our awful weather at the moment I think I'll hold up on pictures until they can do them justice. It's nice to know that people are working to get these birds imported/ developed over on your end. We have a particularly famous White here who only started laying at 32 weeks but has carried on, despite the example set by others, to lay through the winter season!

Our famous white,
71640_white.jpg

PS Must've been lost in translation but what does BBS stand for?​

Good Morning Calum!
frow.gif
I have to agree with the others, absolutely beautiful birds.
love.gif
BBS stands for blue, black, splash. Thank you for sharing such wonderful pictures.
smile.png

Now that is what i call a white Orp. You won't hurt our feeling at all if you show us your best Red. Are they breeding true for the color or are you havng to breed black in to keep the red dark?
The best Red pics i have seen were from Germany. Just wonderin if that is where your originated from.
Is Bob Follows the one that originally created the Buff Cuckoo. I can't remember but I remember seeing that on someones site over there.
One more question. Is the crele and legbar color considered the same thing on your side?

Nice website. I see a pic of your buff cuckoo that looks exactly like the one a person over here is using on their site. Makes me wonder why they don't use one of their own.

Last edited:
Hi Calum,

After looking at your website, am I correct in thinking that your family here in the US will have some of these incredible Orpingtons here? You do realize, that if this is so, you're answering the dreams of many if not all of the people on this thread, not to mention a fair number of other BYC members?

Oh my goodness!!!!

PLEASE tell us your plans!

Mary

Calum, are you working with Greenfire Farms to import Chocolate and Lemon Cuckoo Orps?

They have some if the same photos on their site that you have on yours.

ETA: Your great uncle lives in California? I live in California, too! I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Last edited:
Hi Calum,

I knew that I recognized some of the photos you posted. So I dug up an old thread here on BYC to make certain of my findings. Are you Minh? or perhaps Minh's son? the person that was working with a group here at BYC to import some chocolates, and those plans fell through, right?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom