The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

It's been a while. I've just been laying low, watching my new orps grow. I thought I'd share a few pictures...

I'm using a 10x10 dog kennel as a grow out pen. Disregard the sloppy hardware cloth and such. It's supposed to be temporary, until they can go in with the big guys.

This is my very first blue girl. I am so happy!!! Her name is Beatrice. (Remember, my first generation all have "A" names) I don't have a lot to compare her to, but I love her lacing.
IMG_0407.JPG

IMG_0402.JPG

IMG_0411.JPG

This is my surprise blue girl, Beulah. She is a really, really dark blue. She's a hefty girl, too.
IMG_0367.JPG

IMG_0366.JPG

This is one of my boys. I just think his, "I'm bad to the bone" stance is hilarious.
IMG_0390.JPG

This was my first experience growing out my own, home-grown babies and I have loved it. I can't wait until next spring to do it again.

Quote:
Daphne, the dark dark dark Blue girl is very striking! I love her!

I have eggs going into lockdown this weekend, I can't wait to have baby Orps again.
fl.gif
jumpy.gif

apparently it isn't over. I have decided not to cull at all except for signs of sickness. I opened the coop for the Bama orps and a cockeral came staggering out, this coupled with the pullet I lost a few days ago is making me rethink everything. I thought these ones were over the hump
sad.png
. I only have 11 of the 21 left. I have 4 pullets(1 blue, 3 black) and 7 cockerals(1 splash, 2 blue and 4 black). At this point I would be happy if ANY survive. I really thought these would be spared
hit.gif
. If they keep dropping I think the only option I have is to just cull the rest. They seem so healthy one day and are drunk/staggering the next, dropped wing....it really is sad. They just started enjoying the woods next to their coop(still away from my original flock, across the street). Just when I think I have a plan....it all changes again
sad.png

Quote:
Daphne, the dark dark dark Blue girl is very striking! I love her!

I have eggs going into lockdown this weekend, I can't wait to have baby Orps again.
fl.gif
jumpy.gif

How exciting, Jeremy! I hope you get lots of splash. I'm not sure if you need them, I just really want to see cute splash chick pictures. And, I have to say, Beulah is my favorite, too. I can't wait to see what her adult feathers look like. I don't know if I've seen an adult as dark as she is.

Looks like some TJ blood is helping in my friends Lavenders. This is LiL TJ. A Lavender split. EVEN IF he does not have the Lav gene he has a brother who is equal or better in type back where he came from who is pure Lavender.
Lookin good for the future of the USA Lavenders!!

015-16.jpg

Back
Top Bottom