The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

some of my girls

38176_white_orps_029.jpg

38176_white_orps_030.jpg

38176_white_orps_035.jpg

38176_white_orps_025.jpg

Very pretty Nava...good luck with showing!

Question: If you have dark blue hens and mate them with a black roo.....will the ones that come out blue (I forget but seems like 50%?) be a even darker blue or could I get some light blues? I have the chart somewhere in a folder but it doesn't refer to "shades" as to light or dark shades.

Quote:
That is my favorite color also. However, the judges will write "too light" I've seen it happen a lot
hmm.png
I understand. Blue feathers are all to be "outlined" by a darker blue. I still cannot help but love the color though. I have one Standard Cochin almost that exact color...maybe even a tad lighter. I have her pared with a black roo and they make beautiful babies together.

thanks guys!!!!

#3 you say? I'll keep an eye on her

the light blue hen, i got her from some one about 3 years ago, she is the oldest and I like her light color too, she is the mother of the blue pullet in pic #2 and if you look closer the mother is next to her, they still stay close to each other.
I'll take more pics of her.

Well what do you guys think of the cockerels on the post before that one, could they be shown? all I know is that that black one is HUGE

thanks Nava.

Quote:
well the next show that I will be attending would be Crossroads, but I'm a little intimidated.
last time I went to Lake city FL show, I entered my birds but could not bring them out of the trailer I was Scared
hide.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom