The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

I had a brain fart on the age. They were 2.5 weeks when I got them two Saturdays ago so about 4.5 weeks old. This pics were from this morning.

At what age do imported Orpingtons usually start laying or crowing? I have 3 imported Chocolate Orpingtons that are 5 months old and I still don't know if they are boys or girls. Well I know one is a girl but, I am really confused about the other two.

Thanks,
MIchelle

Hi Michelle -

Do you have pics of the two you are unsure of. We can help determine,

They will typically lay about 6 - 7 mths.

Thanks,
Richard

At what age do imported Orpingtons usually start laying or crowing? I have 3 imported Chocolate Orpingtons that are 5 months old and I still don't know if they are boys or girls. Well I know one is a girl but, I am really confused about the other two.

Thanks,
MIchelle

Hi Michelle -

Do you have pics of the two you are unsure of. We can help determine,

They will typically lay about 6 - 7 mths.

Thanks,
Richard

I need to take some more updated pics. If they were boys shouldn't they be crowing by now? Two of them have larger combs and they have more red in them. I am assuming they must be girls since they are already 5 months and no one has started crowing. I will try to get some pics up this afternoon.

Thanks,
Richard

I would think they would be crowing at this age. I do not have any starter males - but if I do I will keep you in mind. I am heading to ATL to pick up another import in the next few weeks..

Thanks,
Richard

I need to take some more updated pics. If they were boys shouldn't they be crowing by now? Two of them have larger combs and they have more red in them. I am assuming they must be girls since they are already 5 months and no one has started crowing. I will try to get some pics up this afternoon.

Thanks,
Richard

here are my english blue orpingtons.  any thought on sex? they are about 3wks old i think.  would these be considered black or blue? 

goliath

EBO #2

EBO #3

All Three together. Notice how much bigger Goliath is than the other two.  Thats where he/she got its name. I think he is a roo just because how prominant his comb is already and how large his is.  They are from the same hatching.

They look black to me. And looks like you got yourself a trio. So far looks like one boy and two girls. Keep in mind that BBS are called Blue/Black/Splash because you have a certain chance of getting either of these colors with a blue mating. One or two could be the darker blue but so far they all look black from the pictures.

Last edited:
I was hoping for a trio. The parents were absolutely gorgeous. His breeding trio had one blue hen and one black hen with a black roo. They are going to make my other birds feel tiny when they get all grown up. So if I breed black on black, whats the chances of offspring color?

Last edited:
I was hoping for a trio. The parents were absolutely gorgeous. His breeding trio had one blue hen and one black hen with a black roo. They are going to make my other birds feel tiny when they get all grown up. So if I breed black on black, whats the chances of offspring color?

breeding black on black 100 % black chicks

Back
Top Bottom