The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

OH MY GOODNESS i love this bird

droolin.gif
love.gif
droolin.gif

i don't have any motteled ladys so i will be trying hime over blue and black hens all F1 will be blue and black but will be split to motteled so by breeding them back to him i will hatch some molleted and blue motteled F2 chicks can't wait

I have been preaching that for a while now!
thumbsup.gif
I have nice birds... get lots of eggs and chicks :) Just cull heavy.... keep what you need and share the rest with others that want good healthy birds with English Style :)
i agree with both of you..too much line breeding brings outvweakness to disease, skin issues and an assortment of health issues..sometime introducing outside lines that are correct and robust strengthen a breed..sometimes people breed in issues that they are unaware of like a freind of mine was hatching some killer australorps a while ago..got really focused on some feature..knockout cockerals ..but at around 3 years old they woukd all drop dead with a heart anomoly..too bad .he thought it was a one time thing with his rooster but just about every one of the cockerals dead by 3.. .he had sent them out to cornell to find out what went wrong..we had a couple of them..the hens were long lived but seemed they carried that gene..many years later and it appeared again in our flock..i dont have any more of them .that was long time ago.

I do vaccinate my birds because I show. However, they get fresh water and regular feed.

The only time my birds get extra vitamins is when I plan to breed. It helps the chicks hatch better and if there are any deficiencies in the flock you won't have problems with the chicks. I give them red cell.

I see lots of people using vitamins and such.

This may be ignorant, but is it possible to keep the English Orps without using more than just good feed and good sense? I don't really want to keep a pharmacy. Yes, I care for our birds, but not more than DME and good organic food and clean living space. Honestly, if the English Orps are going to require something more, they may not be the breed for
Oh much red cell do you give them and how in the water? Id love to know

Hello everyone.... When I hatched and first started watching these two grow out I was sure that they were both pullets...... now I started taking a couple pictures and I'm not so sure about my splash....... Dear God..... gimme two pullets, I love their personalities! Please please everyone, let me know what you think, I trust you bunches! Thanks, Jane

Back
Top Bottom