The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Johnny is not exactly in the loop these days. Are you ever going to answer my question?

Walt
The question about conforming to type for acceptance by APA? That's a given. If it doesn't look like the breed it's supposed to be; who cares what color it is? I didn't know that question was directed at me.
Shape makes the breed. You knew this ole lady would say that, didn't you?
ya.gif

067.jpg
This girl had just turned 8 months old when she won Champion English in Lake City, Fl Jan 2011
Taylor6Aplus.jpg

101_4542.jpg
She was quite a armful. Sweet bird

This male right here was shown by a friend of mine out of Fl. He was out of my flock and had been sold to him the summer before. I kept thinking i would get some chicks back off him but I never have. Thought sure he would win this show too
101_4444-1.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Ideal Poultry Farms are asking $2 per chick for Buff Orpingtons.

Any exhibtion Orpington - American or Imported - is worth far more than this. My guess is they ordered soem chicks from a hatchery and are misinformed a swhat to call them. Or they are trying to scam someone.

Or they may have bought hatching eghgs from someone on eBay etc that were B?B?S and they do not understand that the Blacks are just as useful in a breeding program as the Blue chicks. Perhaps you should message them and see if you can invite them to BYC to learn more. At least find out what is going on.

If he is legit, then buy the chicks for a bargain!

067.jpg
This girl had just turned 8 months old when she won Champion English in Lake City, Fl Jan 2011
Taylor6Aplus.jpg

101_4542.jpg
She was quite a armful. Sweet bird

This male right here was shown by a friend of mine out of Fl. He was out of my flock and had been sold to him the summer before. I kept thinking i would get some chicks back off him but I never have. Thought sure he would win this show too
Wow! I love her size!!
droolin.gif

Wasn't planning on buying any. I know where the good breeders are and that's where I got my girls from. I was just wondering about the black carrying the blue gene.
Yes if they born from blue , some as, choc hen with black roo female chicks choc color ,black male carrying the choc gene

Back
Top Bottom