The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

I have 8 ducks 2 are KC drakes and I got them a pool about 18in. high and 8 ft. across it last maybe a week. I get annoyed on sat. when I drain it and have to ware rubber boots so I can turn it over I get covered in mud but when it is filled and they are in it playing I sit there and laugh it was worth it.bottoms up.
I see you have a soft side pool? How long have you been using that type? Wanted to get one but thought they might tear it. Or that it would be hard to clean???? Do you have to scrub the sides and bottom? Pic of what they use to get in and out of?

Last edited:
MrsH the sides bend over which makes it easier for the ducks to get in and out. there is a pallet with a small pallet and a stepping stone so they can get in. they can get out on there own. as far as cleaning I use the hose to syphon the water out. I drain the water at night next day go out and hose and mop the bottom it is a pain. but they can swim like ducks dive under and breed of course. what I need to do is put stones or mulch around it to keep the dirt down. I have been using this for about a month. it is more durable then I thought. I got it on amazon for like $19 so I bought 2.hope this helps.

We rescued (/purchased for $1 ea)
4 babies from clearance bins at TSC. We are loving them to death. They like being handled more than the mallards they are living with right now. And oh so cute. We'll get a pic over the weekend of our 2 week old babies

MrsH the sides bend over which makes it easier for the ducks to get in and out. there is a pallet with a small pallet and a stepping stone so they can get in. they can get out on there own. as far as cleaning I use the hose to syphon the water out. I drain the water at night next day go out and hose and mop the bottom it is a pain. but they can swim like ducks dive under and breed of course. what I need to do is put stones or mulch around it to keep the dirt down. I have been using this for about a month. it is more durable then I thought. I got it on amazon for like $19 so I bought 2.hope this helps.
Hmmmm I just may have to try it. thanks

So I need help with my ducklings. My KC & Pekin are doing great and just starting to get feathers. The only problem is they won't get near my pond. There is a 6in. deep shelf that I've positioned some flagstone ramps on that I thought would help them get in and out but they are afraid of it. I've even tried enticing them with lettuce but they only get close enough but don't put their feet on the ramp. The pictures tell the story. Any ideas?

Im a new duck owner, bought khaki's from Tractor Supply 2 1/2 weeks ago 3 ducks have white patches on their chest and three don't besides that they are all the same in coloring. Brown feet and dark bills why are they different?

[COLOR=333333]Im a new duck owner, bought khaki's from Tractor Supply 2 1/2 weeks ago 3 ducks have white patches on their chest and three don't besides that they are all the same in coloring. Brown feet and dark bills why are they different?[/COLOR]

Mine have white feathers that poke through. I call it their fluff, prob called down feathers. Mine are 2 months old. One has more showing than the other.

Back
Top Bottom