The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

We have always just used the tub and filled it with just enough water for them to float. We always watch them when they are little and only give them a few minutes at a time to start. Then we take them out and dry them off a bit before putting them back in the brooder. I've never had an issue with the little ones trying to jump out, but plenty of issues with rehabbing hens trying to make a run for it when they have had enough.

Is the sexing from the bean really true ? If so, how old do they need to be ? My Drake Khaki is a dark Khaki & has a dark bill with a black bean. My khaki ducklings are light khakis. I'm not quite how how old they are, but they are forming tail feathers :)

Their bills are much lighter than my drake's was at their age, his bill was always dark and theirs are a great deal lighter with a slightly lighter bean than the rest of their bills.

Is the sexing from the bean really true ? If so, how old do they need to be ? My Drake Khaki is a dark Khaki & has a dark bill with a black bean. My khaki ducklings are light khakis. I'm not quite how how old they are, but they are forming tail feathers
smile.png

Their bills are much lighter than my drake's was at their age, his bill was always dark and theirs are a great deal lighter with a slightly lighter bean than the rest of their bills.
Its not really true :( If you can tell at all, its more from the whole bill colour. Mostly you notice it after the voice change anyway. Good luck!

Brought them in the tub! They were a little hesitant at first, but in a minute or two they were Loving it!!
Here are some pictures

And now dried off in a towel!
1f604.png

(Please excuse the pic with part of my finger in it
1f602.png
Lol!)

Last edited:
Brought them in the tub! They were a little hesitant at first, but in a minute or two they were Loving it!!
Here are some pictures

And now dried off in a towel!
1f604.png

(Please excuse the pic with part of my finger in it
1f602.png
Lol!)
Sooo cute! I especially like the tuckered out, after swim picture.
Hey you asked before if any of them looked like drakes. I spent a lot of time trying to tell if my babies were boys or girls and I think you can tell gender by the head shape, If my method works then I would say that the two on the left in the bottom two pictures are for sure girls but the one on the right could be a boy. When you know for sure let me know if my method was right.
smile.png

I would REALLY like a drake, but our drakes loud? We liked the Muscovy ducks because they were really quiet...but the khaki Campbells were better looking and were better egg layers. We have, two light colored, average size ducks then one small dark duck (hopefully not a ratio of 2 males lol)

Back
Top Bottom