The khaki-Campbell duck Thread !!!!!!!!

Happy to help! You're getting good at it! About six months ago when my second batch was getting their feathers, I noticed the color thing and asked about it on here. Another person confirmed that they had known about it and wondered why most don't mention it. She said it works with all "lace" ducks. I assume that means ones with pencilling.

Thanks! I love learning things like that. I spend so much time observing them and trying to find differences.

Ok here is a little better video of my Campbell, it just started changing quack. It's around 5-6 weeks old and not sure if it's abbot or girl [Video]

Last edited:
Ok here is a little better video of my Campbell, it just started changing quack. It's around 5-6 weeks old and not sure if it's abbot or girl
I would say boy, he sounds raspy to me. I think it is easier to tell by looking at the back feathers right above the tail. Solid feathers = drake, Pencilled, two toned feathers = hen. Your video doesn't show those feathers very well but from what I can tell I would say drake.

Hey guys! I was thinking of getting some Khaki Campbell ducklings this summer, but I was wondering if they would integrate well with the rest of my flock. Any tips? I have Cayuga and Pekin ducks.
Thanks!
I only have a Khakis (well one is 1/2 Khaki, 1/2 Appleyard) but I don't see why they wouldn't get along as well as any introduced ducks. They are all bred from Mallards originally. Only issue I could see is a size issue. Khakis are smaller that Pekins and Cayugas. Still, there are people who have Khaki crosses with both of those breeds so they must get along.

I just bought a kiddie pool for my ducks, any idea how I can get them to not be afraid of it?? lol
1f606.png
I'm pretty sure their at the ginger bread man stage
1f602.png

I would suggest paying attention to the size of the drake if you have small hens. They can and will get hurt by getting mounted by the huge drakes. Hens have a pecking order also and that they mount each other in a reflection of dominate`s . The Cayuga is not compatible with the Khaki-Campbell at all. Their offspring would also have no future.

Back
Top Bottom