The Kitchen Table - come sit with us! new request added to post 1!

Oh goodness, I've been eating eggs, baked with some, gave some to son, took some to neighbor for Easter, so that leaves me with 3 dozen on the table and 1 dozen in the fridge. 3 broken ones outside. Yep one of my silly girls likes to lay in the rafters and it falls to the ground daily, good thing cuz I have too many. probably an egg or two in the nest box that got laid after I collected earlier and then I think one of the chickens that never go in coop, I have 3 that don't, is laying somewhere in the front yard.
glad your girls are doing well after raccoon attack. Scary. Awhile back I had found two of my chickens attacked. They survived, it was my two older girls, 10 this year. I am not sure if they are laying this year or not. I just find eggs, but not sure which hens laid them. At the same time the two got attacked, my two silkies came up missing, so I'm sure they got taken away, probably a fox.
I had told this story on another thread awhile back, that thread has gone dead now.
I had also told of how one of my hens kept pecking my fertile eggs the silkies were sitting on, so I moved them into their own cage, I got two out of the hatch. When they were a bit older I tried putting them back into the big girl pen. they were fine for a few nights. Then one morning I could not find one of the chickies. When I cleaned the nest box, I found just the intestines and a wing feather. It was so horrible. I imagined how the attack must of gone. My older hen chasing the chick, it getting trapped in nest box, and then hen eating it. Must of been very traumatizing for the rest of the chickens.
Well, when the other chickie grew up and it was a rooster, one day he attacked my older hen. Nearly killed her.
Yes, chickens have memory.

You have chickens that are 10?!!
th.gif

Everyone says that chickens can survive amazing things. I sure hope so.

Funny about the rooster remembering who attacked him. Karma.... well, you know how that one goes.

Hope you got some more good singing in today!

Oh yes we did!!! Being Easter, the kids got to stay with the big people this week and little Robert was just clapping and hollering away. It was so cute!!! Ken was also baptized today. We finished getting ready for our fishing trip and he is stilling feeling pretty good. I am really looking forward to this vacation, and being back in time for church again next week, which is our final membership class.
wee.gif

Boo!!!! Where are you????

yes, I have two chickens that are 10 years now. Last year they still laid eggs. I've just been too busy these days to try and notice if they are laying yet this year.

Debit!!! I've been a little busy. My house got changed around again, my computer is in a different room now. ya know, with my son's moving in and out over the past few years. Then when I had no furniture at all for awhile, then back to a houseful of furniture from my MIL when FIL died and we took that trip to WA. Recently we had to change the living room yet again. Then my niece brought a dresser that she'd stored for me a few years, my sister had given it to me when she sold her house.
Then BYC changed its format, and it took me awhile to get used to it, especially with my slow connection and all.

So anyway, here I am!!
smile.png

yes, I have two chickens that are 10 years now. Last year they still laid eggs. I've just been too busy these days to try and notice if they are laying yet this year.

Debit!!! I've been a little busy. My house got changed around again, my computer is in a different room now. ya know, with my son's moving in and out over the past few years. Then when I had no furniture at all for awhile, then back to a houseful of furniture from my MIL when FIL died and we took that trip to WA. Recently we had to change the living room yet again. Then my niece brought a dresser that she'd stored for me a few years, my sister had given it to me when she sold her house.
Then BYC changed its format, and it took me awhile to get used to it, especially with my slow connection and all.

So anyway, here I am!!
smile.png
Well would you look at this. We actually managed to be on at the same time!!!!
hugs.gif
I miss you!!!!

Did I ever tell you one of my sisters lives in Martinez? Wonder if she'd like some eggs.

You have chickens that are 10?!!
th.gif

Everyone says that chickens can survive amazing things. I sure hope so.

Funny about the rooster remembering who attacked him. Karma.... well, you know how that one goes.

Back
Top Bottom