The Kitchen Table - come sit with us! new request added to post 1!

I just realized I haven't heard anything from BYC in over a week. I think I must have accidentally sent something to the Spam bin. I'll have to check and correct that.
hide.gif

John, so you must be a firefighter. I didn't know that. What do you do when you're not fighting fires in those quiet non-flaming moments? :D

I hear you about the chickens eating everything. That's why I'm building a cage for my veggies.

Luna,
frow.gif

I'm trying to get around clicking on the smiley list. I used to use keyboard shortcuts. I would type the code. I'm all about dodging the mouse!

Egads, I've got to get to work. More later....

I work for the federal gov't. During the summer I'm part of an interagency Type 2 fire team. We're sent out to assist on wildland fires. We're the ones in charge. I don't go out and fight the fire. I work in camp in the Finance Section paying the fire fighters and contractors.

Latest update weather wise here on the Oregon coast. Last night around 10PM it started snowing here, around 2AM we lost electricity and around 2PM it came back on. We got around 4" of snow! Most of it has melted off now and it's starting to cool down again...hopefully it's not too icy in the morning!

I don't think I'm getting notifications from BYC anymore. I never knew you responded. Of course, I've been sick, and really busy at work. Maybe I got a notice that I didn't view. Then, I don't get anymore notices.
sad.png

So, has it been rainy up there like down here? I'm guessing your storm is over by now, since you posted over two weeks ago. We are sinking in the mud here. We had a crazy dry winter, and then, nature decides to make up for it. I think it's been raining for a week or more. The chicken pen is STINKY since the mud is up to their ankles.
sickbyc.gif
No amount of sand is fixing it. Any ideas as to what I could use to improve the smell?

I'm sorry you've been sick and hopefully better now!

I view the site every day and because of that, I cancelled all my email notices...besides, that's all I had in my email! LOL!

The rain has been crazy up here. Spring has definitely been wetter than Winter was. Fortunately we have a dry day or two between the deluges and the paths are able to dry up. I don't know what you can use to alleviate the muddiness and smell of the chicken pen. A friend uses wood chips in her run.

I'm sorry you've been sick and hopefully better now!

I view the site every day and because of that, I cancelled all my email notices...besides, that's all I had in my email! LOL!

The rain has been crazy up here. Spring has definitely been wetter than Winter was. Fortunately we have a dry day or two between the deluges and the paths are able to dry up. I don't know what you can use to alleviate the muddiness and smell of the chicken pen. A friend uses wood chips in her run.

I'm feeling much better, although I've still got a bit of laryngitis. I did ride in a bike race today, but didn't finish because it was soooo cold and rainy. We're also having a wet spring here after a winter of drought. Tomorrow will be a rare dry day, so I'm hoping to turn over the sand in the chook pen. Maybe some Stall Dry would help. That's my plan.

What's going on in your chicken world?

Back
Top Bottom