The Lair....Quilt Central...Woman Cave-New Projects in Progress!

Your table topper is lovely. I like the way you quilted the center square.

Have you tried GooGone on your stickers? It is orange oil and dissolves the glue so stickers peel off ....I use it on jar labels all the time and sticky tape, etc. You can find it in craftstores and grocery stores in the cleaning section. I think I have seen it in Handcocks near the checkout...

Last edited:
I used to have some, Kathryn, but we used it all at some point. I started using acetone (found an old bottle here) and it is working much better than alcohol. Not much left to go, it's just that I have a very sore shoulder and it hurts my hand to push and scrape on the stickers so taking awhile. Will probably finish that today and start figuring out which fabrics to put in there. Maybe the ones I use the most, the greens and purples, maybe some of the yellows/golds? It certainly won't hold all of them.

ETA: DH found a small can of Goop Off in the crawlspace! Yea! Will have those pesky things off in a few minutes.

Last edited:
Voila! Almost finished stacking it full. Have to quit for the day. At least, I can see how much I have and how much I need of a certain color family at a glance. Wouldn't be a bad idea to get another one of these units, but I bought it so long ago, can't remember how much it cost.

DSCN4245.jpg

OK - I absolutely love that shelf unit even more with the fabric in it!
thumbsup.gif

Let's see - I have that fabric and that one and that one. Oooo, I gotta get some of that and that and that and that ....
droolin.gif

Love your finished quilt! Did you do the center stitching by hand or on the machine?

I do all actual quilting by hand. I can't get the hang of doing it by machine. So, piecing is now done by machine (did it by hand until a couple of years ago) and all quilting by hand. Still have lots of fabric to go through, but this shelf won't hold all the colors.

I recall that we bought this one at Sam's Club way back when for less than $50. I see that on Amazon.com, they're about $150!
ep.gif
Certainly, I can find another similar one for much less. I think I'll see if I can find a used furniture store, better yet, used office furniture. This is called a literature sorter.

I have my greens, purples and yellows/golds here. Think I'll continue with beiges, then if there are a couple of slots left, decide if I'll put browns or blues on. Bet there is room for my browns, but probably not my blues. Then, there are my reds, pinks, whites and wild florals I used in my watercolor quilt for Ellie that need a place to go.

Back
Top Bottom