The Legbar Thread!

Quote:
You were right about the lace! I held onto the two chicks for a week, because the breeder was supposed to have real legbar eggs hatching then, and she said I could trade for the newly hatched ones. But none ended up hatching. :( So then I just returned these two for a refund, and have been waiting for her to let me know when she ever gets any. When she saw the "female" chick after the week was up, she said it must have come from the Silver Laced Wyandotte roo she had running around before she set up her breeding pen. Guess she didn't wait long enough before setting eggs.

But I am an official CCL owner again! I found an ad on Craigslist from someone else selling some yesterday, and now I have these two little ones, who I am confident are correct. I even got to see the parents. Man, their father has a HUGE comb and wattles!!

And I know their hatch date- April 1st! So they are 5 days old in these pics.
smile.png

You were right about the lace! I held onto the two chicks for a week, because the breeder was supposed to have real legbar eggs hatching then, and she said I could trade for the newly hatched ones. But none ended up hatching. :( So then I just returned these two for a refund, and have been waiting for her to let me know when she ever gets any. When she saw the "female" chick after the week was up, she said it must have come from the Silver Laced Wyandotte roo she had running around before she set up her breeding pen. Guess she didn't wait long enough before setting eggs.

But I am an official CCL owner again! I found an ad on Craigslist from someone else selling some yesterday, and now I have these two little ones, who I am confident are correct. I even got to see the parents. Man, their father has a HUGE comb and wattles!!

And I know their hatch date- April 1st! So they are 5 days old in these pics.
smile.png
Wow so cute! and such a nice eye-liner.

Last edited:
X2 - congratulations -- yay for you. One of the things I want to breed away from is the big comb and wattles -- it is a look I don't favor. :O)

X3 Congrats on the adorable chicks!

And X2 on what ChicKat says about breeding away from too large of comb and wattles, at least that is my preference also, not everyones
wink.png

Last edited:
I posted these in the other thread too. These are the two Jill Rees cockerels I'm considering keeping. I see good and bad in each and wish I could combine the good traits for one great rooster. Let me know what you think about them (feel free to be honest, I'm pretty aware that they each have pros and cons).

Rooster/cockerel one:

Rooster/cockerel two:

Back
Top Bottom