The Legbar Thread!

Quote:
It makes sense. Smaller combs and wattles would be less at risk for frost bite.

Thanks, everyone! I've been looking for legbars since November.
big_smile.png

Lots of legbars available in the Indy area. Even from me.
smile.png

I wouldn't mind putting another female in that brooder with them, if you have one close enough in age...
wink.png
It's just the two of them, since my other chicks are 4 and 5 weeks old.

Quote:
It makes sense. Smaller combs and wattles would be less at risk for frost bite.

Thanks, everyone! I've been looking for legbars since November.
big_smile.png

Lots of legbars available in the Indy area. Even from me.
smile.png

I wouldn't mind putting another female in that brooder with them, if you have one close enough in age...
wink.png
Mine are just starting to hatch. Send me a pm and we can discuss it.

I've posted this on the other Legbar threads too. I'm trying to decide on which male to keep. They're 7 1/2 months old. So, they still have some growing. What are everyone's honest thoughts on them based on these pictures?

Number 1

Number 2

Number 3

Number 4

Quote:
wink.png
Mine are just starting to hatch. Send me a pm and we can discuss it.
Yay! I was able to go buy another pullet from racinchickins yesterday, so now I have a nice little trio of Cream Legbars in my brooder:

The new one is middle back, the ones I got on Monday are more towards the front.

Here she is in the box I brought her home in:

I was worried I might get the two pullets mixed up, but she is a lot lighter colored, so I don't have to fool around with leg bands for now. I might put some on when they start to feather out, though.

Yay! I was able to go buy another pullet from racinchickins yesterday, so now I have a nice little trio of Cream Legbars in my brooder:

The new one is middle back, the ones I got on Monday are more towards the front.

Here she is in the box I brought her home in:

I was worried I might get the two pullets mixed up, but she is a lot lighter colored, so I don't have to fool around with leg bands for now. I might put some on when they start to feather out, though.
Congrats on the new chick!

Yes I agree. Even better that you have one of a separate blood line it might help having some diverse genetics.

Be sure to post as they mature, we would all love to see your progress.

Yes, since the first two are either half- or full siblings, I liked the idea of having another unrelated female.

I will be sure to post photos! Racinchickens wants to know how she turns out, too. I am excited about this new adventure, and joining the thread. (I have now made it up to page 127!) I'm not really a breeder, I just have a backyard flock. But I am starting to dream about moving to a farm...

Back
Top Bottom