The LOOGGE---***UPDATED 5/20***

Great! Thank you! Are you going to paint the dogloo itself? My kids want to pain ours blue...perhaps we will. I'm so glad I found this thread, you've been a great source of inspiration for our coop.

Quote:
I'm going to give it a shot. I'm going to give it a good sanding and put a coat of primer on it. If it works it's going to get a last coat of a wild green! Check out the mis-tint section around your Home Depot or Lowe's. I've gotten "good" paint like Valspar and Bher for $5! Sometimes the colors are really out there but why go with boring barn red, lol

I'm considering using the spray paint for plastic although I'm wondering how many cans it would take to cover the entire thing. I could get pretty expensive but there would be no need for primer. What do you think?

ALMOST DONE!!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif

Had to repaint after it rained before the paint dried the first time.
barnie.gif
Laytex paint. I don't think it will last long if the chickens peck at it. It scratches off very easily.
loogge.jpg

Don't know what this stuff is called. It's used for plumbing. Pipe Hanger Tape or something like that.
hu.gif
Woven in and out of the wire and then attached with those roofing screw thingies with the washers on them. On the inside there is a strip of corrigated plastic so that the birds don't get cut on the screws like I did.
hit.gif

loogge2.jpg

Roof is also done. Chicken wire covered with tin. Waterer and Feeder will hang under the house, access through the green door. Still need to add People door and Chickens tomorrow!!!

When first reading about this coop I thought it was pronounced like "Luge" (winter Olympic sport)

With the new color I am thinking I was wrong...lol

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Great job!

LOL, Thanks ya'll. Someone made comment early on about green paint. This is much better than the original paint color. It was a really pale sicky green. Added some darker to give it this lovely color, lol. Love mistints!!!

Back
Top Bottom