The Middle Tennessee Thread

I know skinks can get pretty big, I haven't seen as many salamanders but I think they come in lots of sizes too. I'm sure my son would know but he acts like I'm dumb if I ask so I'll just not. I bet that was funny and/or gross to see them caught by a chicken. Can't wait till mine are big enough to be out and about.

I know skinks can get pretty big, I haven't seen as many salamanders but I think they come in lots of sizes too. I'm sure my son would know but he acts like I'm dumb if I ask so I'll just not. I bet that was funny and/or gross to see them caught by a chicken. Can't wait till mine are big enough to be out and about.
This was the type the first 2 were. I cant find one that even looks like the 3rd. Maybe a different type of lizard?

BTW...n3kms... this was her crop afterward. I had to literally take her away from the area so she would stop eating them before she hurt herself.
Shes also moltingT

That must be gourmet food for chickens.
ep.gif

This was the type the first 2 were. I cant find one that even looks like the 3rd. Maybe a different type of lizard?
Yeah, that's the kind of skinks we get usually. The ones I saw yesterday were probably 3-4 inches but I have seen them a lot bigger. I think their sex may make a difference in their coloring, the expert when back upstairs. I'll have to ask him later when I'm in the mood to have him think me entirely ignorant of common knowledge.

Hubby said that is a skink. They are all over the farm.

Yeah, that's the kind of skinks we get usually. The ones I saw yesterday were probably 3-4 inches but I have seen them a lot bigger. I think their sex may make a difference in their coloring, the expert when back upstairs. I'll have to ask him later when I'm in the mood to have him think me entirely ignorant of common knowledge.

Yeah, I told DH it was a skink and he looked at me like I was stupid. Now I can rub it in his face lol. Apparently, they are called "Five-lined Skinks".

Very possible that the sex may be the color difference. Especially since i think she got a whole nest. A few others went flying across the yard away from her while she was chomping down.
The whole thing was quite comical.

Any of you Tennessee folks buy stuff from Bulknaturalfoods.com? I've been getting stuff for quite awhile but just recently got some Organic Layer Starter 17% protein and have a question about it if anybody else buys it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom