The Middle Tennessee Thread

oh the exotic sale....the next exotic sales are september 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th...not sure about the time you could call and ask and they should be able to give you a time....it is the same number I listed above

Last edited:
hello all i have an opportunity for a solution ( a problem ). My neighbor, who didnt have a problem with me getting chickens, has started shooting off fireworks or a gun everytime my rooster crows. Its not really a big problem just annoying. We live in the country out of city limits, so its not illegal.I think he thinks its some kind of negative reenforcement. The roo crows and then hears a loud noise , I believe he thinks it will stop him. But i think he'll run out of bullets before he quits crowing. I dont want to cause a stink by saying something as i have no proof that this is what hes doing. but it only happens when the roo crows. Any ideas on how to deal with this are apperciated. or should i just let it run its corse? Anyway thats whats going on in my neck of the woods.
barnie.gif

hello all i have an opportunity for a solution ( a problem ). My neighbor, who didnt have a problem with me getting chickens, has started shooting off fireworks or a gun everytime my rooster crows. Its not really a big problem just annoying. We live in the country out of city limits, so its not illegal.I think he thinks its some kind of negative reenforcement. The roo crows and then hears a loud noise , I believe he thinks it will stop him. But i think he'll run out of bullets before he quits crowing. I dont want to cause a stink by saying something as i have no proof that this is what hes doing. but it only happens when the roo crows. Any ideas on how to deal with this are apperciated. or should i just let it run its corse? Anyway thats whats going on in my neck of the woods.
barnie.gif

I would probably let it run its course as long as he's not shooting the gun in your direction. He'll get tired of it soon enough. People can be so silly. I personally love to hear our roosters crow!

barnie.gif
Tin i'll whoop the snot out of somebody for a double cheeseburger and fries
cool.png

Hey Donna I tried to find a smiley with some chin fuzz but they don't have one. I don't suggest resorting to violence but come on what happened to people just being able to talk to one another and come to some resolve. My neighbor had a moma cat that he wouldn't get fixed I had personally hand raised two litters and found them homes then did the leg work with the humane society to get HIS cat fixed. I talked to him and had 20 dollars of my own money to throw in toward the cause. This poor cats feet were turned out, rotten teeth and in very bad health in general. He had stated that it had probably already had 11 or so litters. He said I'm not waisting any money on that cat, I told him that's fine I'll put her to rest. Two weeks later the dumb SOB shows up on my porch asking if I had seen Moma cat. I said sure did you bring your shovel.

When we first bought the farm (lol) the neighbor had a dog that had puppies... they just roamed free like a pack of wild dogs. I saw them eating a deer that had been hit on the side of the hwy a mile away. I was worried they would go for livestock next.... they were just gone one day. Another neighbor said that had been taken care of.... not sure how, but the pups and mama were never seen again. She has 900 cats from what I have heard. She has never had a GOOD thing to say to us so we just don't talk.

Everyone has or has had neighbor issues.

I'll just tell you tin...my wife got sick from a tick bite back in March of last year so I got chickens to eat the ticks. Think you should let that neighbor know they could get some good eggs and less ticks if they just roll with it.
PLUS...If they still have fireworks, and they have guns...they obviously need some chickens if they don't have any!
:D

Back
Top Bottom