The Middle Tennessee Thread

Black widows are common too but they don't usually come inside inhabited places. I think it is a sound issue or they don't like the electronic fields that a house flowing with current throws off. The places I find them in are always quiet an undisturbed.

Black widows are common too but they don't usually come inside inhabited places. I think it is a sound issue or they don't like the electronic fields that a house flowing with current throws off. The places I find them in are always quiet an undisturbed.

I have only seen them once WOW they are MESMERIZING so pretty and that RED is RED RED! I don't remember exactly what I was doing but I know we were at the Hubby's house in Nashville. I think it was in a pile of leaves I had gloves on. Seeing a picture does not do them justice.

Don't forget about the brown recluse....... they are in EVERY ONES house. You are never more than 3ft from a spider..... Good Night!

You are SSSOOOOOoooo Wicked!! Sleep tight don't let the bed bugs bite!
gig.gif

How big do the copperhead s get? How do I know if it is a baby or not.

The babies are very brightly colored compared to the adult couterparts. The baby one my 6 year old found was about 4 inches long and smaller around than an adult pinky finger. (no he didnt touch it, we have had all the predator talks)
Adults are a much duller color unless they have just shed their skin. And much bigger, not sure how big they get.

As for spiders there are 2 that I really watch out for. Like previously said black widows are around but you dont normally find them in inhabited places so I dont worry about them. The ones I do watch out for are brown recluse, impossible to avoid, easy to smash.... and wolf spiders- they are pretty large, not poisonous but pack a heck of a bite. I find these normally during the late spring and throughout the summer when they are most of the time carrying their babies on thier back (looks like they have a huge butt, dont poke it with anything they will all fall off and run around in a large spread). The bites can easily get infected but they tend to run rather than bite.

Fact about wolf spiders: They are the ONLY spider that carries the babies on thier body until the are old enough to hunt on thier own. ALL other spiders fend for themselves from day one.

Our biddies got fresh air yesterday when they were let into the new yard DH made them. I grabbed my Sumatra hen for a quick photo but my Ancona ( named Peckerhead ) got jealous and wanted to be held too. Didn't get a photo of that though. Would love to get a Sumatra roo and a Blue Splash Maran roo. We ordered 2 roos from Meyers along with all these girlys but we had 2 die and sadly the day we got the order, I think they were our 2 roos :(

Turkey Creek is a MALL? 

Is there still and Apple Barn in Knoxville????????   :fl    I have been know to make day trips to the mountains just to eat there.  I think I saw one in Knoxville years ago.  I have been married for 7 years and have not made those trips since..... :/

Any recommendations on something we could do in a short time with a 3 and 5 year old? 

The only Apple Barn that I know of now is the one in Pigeon Forge. There is all sorta of things to do up there with small children. As far as Knoxville goes my oldest daughter takes her two kids to the worlds fair park and they play in the fountains a couple times a week during the summer (it's free). Your little ones might enjoy ijams nature center as well.

Last edited:
Our biddies got fresh air yesterday when they were let into the new yard DH made them. I grabbed my Sumatra hen for a quick photo but my Ancona ( named Peckerhead ) got jealous and wanted to be held too. Didn't get a photo of that though. Would love to get a Sumatra roo and a Blue Splash Maran roo. We ordered 2 roos from Meyers along with all these girlys but we had 2 die and sadly the day we got the order, I think they were our 2 roos :(
Nice pic! Do you have any of the inside of the coop? I wanted to do that but didn't I just built a wooden coop

The only Apple Barn that I know of now is the one in Pigeon Forge. There is all sorta of things to do up there with small children. As far as Knoxville goes my oldest daughter takes her two kids to the worlds fair park and they play in the fountains a couple times a week during the summer (it's free). Your little ones might enjoy ijams nature center as well.
X2

Back
Top Bottom