The Middle Tennessee Thread

Does anyone in or around McMinnville have standard or bantam cochins, seramas, show girls, silkies, Polish, Cream Legbars, Isbars, Super Blue layers and/or any blue or spearmint colored egg layers? I would be interested in Eggs, chicks, pullets or hens. MAY consider a serama, cochin or show girl rooster.
We are about an hour south of McMinnville on the other side of Tullahoma. I've got Bantam Cochins (in blue, lemon blue, splash, lemon blue splash, white, birchen, black, frizzled and smooth), Silkies (cuckoo, barred partridge in several shades, black, and more) Polish (many colors including barred/crele, frizzled and smooth), EE's, Ameracaunas, OEs. I have eggs, chicks and juveniles up to about 10-12 weeks of age. Also Buff Orps, New Hampshire Reds, Bielefelders, and Bresse.
www.goldengaitsfarm.net

Does anyone in or around McMinnville have standard or bantam cochins, seramas, show girls, silkies, Polish, Cream Legbars, Isbars, Super Blue layers and/or any blue or spearmint colored egg layers? I would be interested in Eggs, chicks, pullets or hens. MAY consider a serama, cochin or show girl rooster.
Hi Rebekah!

I hatched some Silverudd's Blue (Isbar) X isabelle leghorns and dark brown leghorns (Super green egglayers) that are 2 days old. I have some pure first imports Silverudd's Blue that are 1 month and some 2 days and Olive eggers 2 days old. I will be setting Swedish flower hens and silver ameraucana tomorrow. Those have all gone to new homes already.
Here are picture of the new chicks and the 1 month old Silverudd's- PM me if you are interested!

1 month old Silverudd's Blue

Super Green egglayers

Silverudd's New Hatch

OE's and green egglayer mixes

We are about an hour south of McMinnville on the other side of Tullahoma. I've got Bantam Cochins (in blue, lemon blue, splash, lemon blue splash, white, birchen, black, frizzled and smooth), Silkies (cuckoo, barred partridge in several shades, black, and more) Polish (many colors including barred/crele, frizzled and smooth), EE's, Ameracaunas, OEs. I have eggs, chicks and juveniles up to about 10-12 weeks of age. Also Buff Orps, New Hampshire Reds, Bielefelders, and Bresse.
www.goldengaitsfarm.net

Are any of your orpingtons bantams?

I am starting a breeding program in the spring. I am looking for a collection basket to help keep things straight. I was thinking that a cleaning caddy would be just the thing, but they seem expensive and aren't equally divided. What do you guys do? Do you just write on them as you collect them and then put them all in one basket? I have plenty of plastic coated wire gathering baskets, just none that are divided.

Thank you!

I am starting a breeding program in the spring. I am looking for a collection basket to help keep things straight. I was thinking that a cleaning caddy would be just the thing, but they seem expensive and aren't equally divided. What do you guys do? Do you just write on them as you collect them and then put them all in one basket? I have plenty of plastic coated wire gathering baskets, just none that are divided.

Thank you!
Egg cartons. I write on them as I collect. When I am ready to set I sort them into my hatching trays. My trays are the 30 count plastic ones.... I probably get more eggs than the average BYC'er, but that has ALWAYS worked for me. Baskets can cause breakage and will not keep them in the right position for hatching. Egg cartons are just the best.

Egg cartons.  I write on them as I collect.  When I am ready to set I sort them into my hatching trays.  My trays are the 30 count plastic ones.... I probably get more eggs than the average BYC'er, but that has ALWAYS worked for me.  Baskets can cause breakage and will not keep them in the right position for hatching.  Egg cartons are just the best.

Duh, of course, that is the best answer!! Why on earth couldn't I come up with that answer? I've been tracking my brain! You are the best and I want to buy some eggs when you start selling!
Thank you so much!!!

Egg cartons.  I write on them as I collect.  When I am ready to set I sort them into my hatching trays.  My trays are the 30 count plastic ones.... I probably get more eggs than the average BYC'er, but that has ALWAYS worked for me.  Baskets can cause breakage and will not keep them in the right position for hatching.  Egg cartons are just the best.

Duh, of course, that is the best answer!! Why on earth couldn't I come up with that answer? I've been tracking my brain! You are the best and I want to buy some eggs when you start selling!
Thank you so much!!!

I have eggs in the bator so I will know in a week or so how they are doing. Just shoot me a PM after a week. Some are still muddy after the rain but we are working on getting them dried out.

Back
Top Bottom