The Middle Tennessee Thread

Awe wish I knew when it rains I usually have a silkie or two that one or two eyes get closed shut, lethaegic and I have to bring them in an treat them. I keep them separated till all is better. But that was when it was colder. I am hoping those days are over. I hope she pops out of this and back to normal I will keep my fingers crossed for you!!

Ok, girl. I'm heading off to bed then. Will be praying for you and your sweetie - hope she's perked up in the morning and wondering why the heck she's inside!

We could do a class on tincture making someitme - it's so easy and way less expensive than buying them. Meantime, get you some good garlic, chop finely and cover with olive oil. Steep in a crock pot to hurry along or let sit for a few days. Then strain and put the oil in the fridge. Good for dogs, cats, poultry, and people!!!

Nite, nite!

Man I hope your girl gets better. I lost a few silkies (younger ones though) and I called the vet and they offered practically no help at all. Apparently most chicken illnesses start with lethargy. I'll keep her in my thoughts.

Holly, I do have a brooder (well, I will have it all set up again by Sunday). I don't really have any way to keep them warm while I'm there, but surely they'd be fine for an hour or two.

General inquiry, should I bring some food to this gathering?

Newbie here from Christiana, TN - Close to Murfreesboro

Hello to all the good ole Tennessee Folks
wink.png

Hey, Tiffany! You are just in time! We are actually having a meet up this Sunday at Old Fort Park in Murfreesboro. Come on our and meet some of the crazy chicken people!
smile.png

Hi Tiffany welcome to the thread we are planning for 3 pm and am surre we will be there awhile. We try to meet up once a month. Last month was my first had a blast and learned some too! Hope to see you there!!

Citygirl still in my thoughts let us know!

Good Morning Pooh - how are you feeling today? I'm sure Momma will take good care of you so just relax and get better quick!

Tiffany Welcome to our little group of chicken addicts
lol.png

Hoping Pooh is hanging in there.
Well,I'm off to a day long pool party so I can't play with my new chicks or the bunnies until later tonight.Hope everyone enjoys this cooler weather

I'm heading off for the day shortly....but....

I'll have time in the morning to dig some plants to bring to the meet-up. Let me know if you'd like some...

Sweet Annie grows 3 - 5' tall, shaped like a Christmas tree, ferny leaves which smell wonderful. Somewhat insect repellent in the coop or pen. I've used the stems or whole plants in decorative arrangements. I'll strip off the tiny seeds in the fall and dry them, then place out as potpourii. Make lovely swags and wreaths.

Sweet Annie Here's a description http://www.essortment.com/sweet-annie-herb-growing-using-it-53715.html

Hope this image comes up ok (Do Not google sweet annie if you have children around, some images are not 'family friendly') http://fragrantfields.com/images/300/sweetannie.jpg

And
Malabar Spinach. k The leaves are edible and delicious. Grows thru the heat of summer unlike most other greens. Makes a tall vine (20 - 30') which needs a heavy support. Lovely flowers. Berries are poisonous!!!
Great for screening and providing shade. Not perennial but reseeds readily so you'll always have it around (careful where you put the discarded vines in the fall cuz you'll get some volunteers from there as well!).

Back
Top Bottom