The Millennials Thread (Gen Z is welcome too)

Isn't wikipedia not accurate since anyone can write anything on it
It's great for cursory exploration on a topic, and there are supposed to be citations which you can follow. Wikipedia does a pretty decent job at reviewing information out on there.

It might not always be 100% accurate, but it's a lot better starting point than going to a library, looking in an encyclopedia and not knowing where the hell to go after that. Or only finding piecemeal parts in books, or trying to find a particular book only to find out it's not there.

Seriously, you don't know how well we have it now.

Is there a time period or place most your work focuses on?
Why yes there is! :D I focus on the US Southwest and Northern Mexico. I work in a variety of time periods, and these days mainly just study animal bones. But when I worked for the Park Service I studied all sorts of artifacts and structures. It was a lot of fun.

Why yes there is! :D I focus on the US Southwest and Northern Mexico. I work in a variety of time periods, and these days mainly just study animal bones. But when I worked for the Park Service I studied all sorts of artifacts and structures. It was a lot of fun.
Very cool. I went to school for my masters in Tucson and alot of my friends were anthropology and archaeology focuses. Many of them were from the navajo res or o'Odham res and hoped to use their skills to preserve their culture and uncover past history related to their people. The southwest is a surprisingly historical goldmine, pre colonization, there must be alot for you to do!

Very cool. I went to school for my masters in Tucson and alot of my friends were anthropology and archaeology focuses. Many of them were from the navajo res or o'Odham res and hoped to use their skills to preserve their culture and uncover past history related to their people. The southwest is a surprisingly historical goldmine, pre colonization, there must be alot for you to do!
Arizona has some amazing programs for archaeology :love And yes, the Southwest has amazing archaeology. The aridity preserves things really well and there are still a lot of undeveloped areas. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else now.

Back
Top Bottom