The Millennials Thread (Gen Z is welcome too)

Me stumbling across this thread:
View attachment 2651245

I'm fairly new to the BYC forums, but not new to poultry (although Im constantly learning ofc).
How do you do, fellow kids?
My wife bought me one of those "music band" shirts.

A zillenial is someone who was born either at the very end of the range for millennials, or at the very beginning of the range of gen Z, and who generally feel they don't fit in with either! I consider myself a zillenial

Honestly I have always thought that the cut off for a new generation should have been earlier than 2000 because of widespread access to broadband internet. That was such a game changer that it easily divides the people who were before and after.

I didn't get my first cellphone until I was 16 and at that time the only thing they could do was store phone numbers. I grew up memorizing the phone numbers of my family and friends, texting wasn't a thing until I was in college. I signed up for Facebook back when it was only for college kids; I saw MySpace in the wild! It was like geocities created their own half-assed Facebook.

I am elderly enough to remember the analog world where you had to tune into a specific tv channel at a specific time to watch a show you liked, and when you chose a time and place to meet your friends you just trusted they would show up.

I love scaring my kids with this stuff.

My wife bought me one of those "music band" shirts.

Honestly I have always thought that the cut off for a new generation should have been earlier than 2000 because of widespread access to broadband internet. That was such a game changer that it easily divides the people who were before and after.

I didn't get my first cellphone until I was 16 and at that time the only thing they could do was store phone numbers. I grew up memorizing the phone numbers of my family and friends, texting wasn't a thing until I was in college. I signed up for Facebook back when it was only for college kids; I saw MySpace in the wild! It was like geocities created their own half-assed Facebook.

I am elderly enough to remember the analog world where you had to tune into a specific tv channel at a specific time to watch a show you liked, and when you chose a time and place to meet your friends you just trusted they would show up.

I love scaring my kids with this stuff.
Technically gen Z starts before the year 2000. I was born at the very tail end of the millenial years (1995) and honestly can't relate at all to what you described! It's funny how we are only probably just a few years apart but growing up our worlds were completely different

Back
Top Bottom