The Moonshiner's Leghorns

I'm pretty technically challenged. If it wasn't for BYC and CL I'd probably still have a flip phone.
Thanks for the link I'll check it out when I get off work.
Truly thank you it makes it so much easier then trying to weed through all the cameras out there when I wouldn't know what I'm even looking at.

You are so welcome! :)

Just don't rush off and order/buy that one yet... I just had a quick look through some review sites to give you an idea of a what's available in that price range. It's worth spending a little more time on further research before you make the investment. I'll be glad to help.

Truly thank you it makes it so much easier then trying to weed through all the cameras out there when I wouldn't know what I'm even looking at.

By coincidence, I've been looking at some of the 'action cameras'. They may also be something to throw into the mix and consider.......some are like$30 -- and some can be mounted on hat, or shirt for hands free. Just starting to research them, and like anything, you can put in zillions --- for accessories etc...and mostly they are for video instead of stills...plus, imagine no view finder....

They have ultra wide-angle lens so everything in front of you gets in the shot. They have to be at least 1 foot away from the subject etc. --

https://clicklikethis.com/cameras-like-gopro-but-cheaper/

One thing I've found living rural like you, my internet is sooo slow that getting high megapixel photos to up load is impossible, so I have to resize them to smaller, smaller smaller to even function.

Everyone wants the hjghest megapixels to be able to either print big 11x14 picts in high resolution or else edit and crop parts of picts. What's way more useful on internet posts is smaller pictures. This is a 6Meagapixel camera -- Two videos of what it can do. The company one from Polaroid has some stills ... (I guess it would take pressing the little button on top. And the long review shows a lot more features.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BGDB9HK/?tag=backy-20

(Just my rant) :lau
Iknow -- more than you ever wanted to know...TMI...sorry :oops:

-- Hope everything is going good up there, and you are seeing signs of spring.

Lol I’m not that young I’m almost 29.

:gig I'm sorry- I can't help laughing!!
When I started reading this sentence, I thought the number at the end was going to be much higher! :lau

My advice: get as far out as you can. 15 years ago we bought 4 acres out of town, but suburbia followed us. :hmm
I long to move to the middle of nowhere before I'm too old to do it.

When I started reading this sentence, I thought the number at the end was going to be much higher! :lau

My advice: get as far out as you can. 15 years ago we bought 4 acres out of town, but suburbia followed us. :hmm
I long to move to the middle of nowhere before I'm too old to do it.
Yup, I concur. My parents bought land where it is a 7 mile drive to the nearest source of milk and eggs and that is a gas station and 30 min to the nearest Walmart. We followed them and are on the verge of moving into our own place down the lane. It sucks not having cell coverage but we can practically do anything we want.

Lol I’m not that young I’m almost 29.
I know right?
Isn't that about the time some old person should of chimed in with "Oh, bless her heart"

Well its been a slow start this year. Winter sucked and lasted too long. Spring came and everyone wanted to slack around and not start laying. Also lost a few important birds over the winter.
Anyways I started hatching a few small batches. First was just to test run incubators so didn't have anything too exciting in there. Second hatch had the turner break down and not too good of a hatch. i got a lavender chick which I need, some buffs and some project chicks that wasn't any that I really needed.
Third hatch started yesterday afternoon. It was a small batch and I haven't opened the incubator yet but I have one or two in there that I'm a bit excited about. Looked like another lavender maybe and maybe one first time chick.
I need to wait till they dry and I get them out to see for sure.
I'll take some pics but of course they'll probably be poor quality.

Well its been a slow start this year. Winter sucked and lasted too long. Spring came and everyone wanted to slack around and not start laying. Also lost a few important birds over the winter.
Anyways I started hatching a few small batches. First was just to test run incubators so didn't have anything too exciting in there. Second hatch had the turner break down and not too good of a hatch. i got a lavender chick which I need, some buffs and some project chicks that wasn't any that I really needed.
Third hatch started yesterday afternoon. It was a small batch and I haven't opened the incubator yet but I have one or two in there that I'm a bit excited about. Looked like another lavender maybe and maybe one first time chick.
I need to wait till they dry and I get them out to see for sure.
I'll take some pics but of course they'll probably be poor quality.
Cool! I'd like to see what you have in there.

Back
Top Bottom