The Moonshiner's Leghorns

Moonshiner, when are your first batches going into the incubator for the year?
I'm not sure. Depends on the weather and when they start laying well again.
I was actually just doing some figuring the other day when I need to start separating birds and setting up pens.
Thinking sometime in April just not sure when yet.

Yes I stopped hatching this last year. I'm thinking it was in October. IDK. It's a traumatizing time so I've probably tried to shut it out.
Anyways here's an old thread that will give you some insight into my head about shutting down the incubators.

I'm not sure. Depends on the weather and when they start laying well again.
I was actually just doing some figuring the other day when I need to start separating birds and setting up pens.
Thinking sometime in April just not sure when yet.

Yes I stopped hatching this last year. I'm thinking it was in October. IDK. It's a traumatizing time so I've probably tried to shut it out.
Anyways here's an old thread that will give you some insight into my head about shutting down the incubators.

@The Moonshiner
Tell you what,here's the plan... sell everything you got,buy a some property down here in Florida,on the drive down,you make a special stop,pick up Overo and horses in Virginia and ya'll settle down in your new Homestead here in Florida. You'll have perfect weather for hatching all year round,and every year If you guys would have me,I'd make a yearly pilgrimage to The Overo Moonshiner Farm and see what Leghorn treasures await me.It will be like my Graceland...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom