The Moonshiner's Leghorns

There's another one a hour or so away. I'd have to see how often, days, time etc etc to see if it would even work
Never been there so don't know how they do things or if it's popular or just a hole in the wall that wouldn't make it worth it. Maybe one day I'll go empty handed just to get a feel for it and see. :confused:
Surely even just getting rid of the extra mouths would be worth it?

Trying to get things going and seems I've got a few changes to make.
Feed... I've been getting it from a local mill for a while now. Cheapest place and I've had good results using it. They mill it themselves and idk what happened but lately I've been ending up with a lot of dust type stuff that they leave behind and won't touch. It's steadily been increasing and got to the point I'm throwing out enough that the price doesn't seem worth it.
Last run I went to where I get my chick feed and bought their pellets. $1.25 more per bag which sucks but very little was so I'll see how it adds up in the long run.
Pine shavings... before covid I was paying $5 or $5.50 a bag. It increased and topped at $6.99 a few months ago. They had a good sell on it then and I stocked up. Went the other and it's now $8.99, WTH? Best price I found now is TSC and I do not want to shop there.
Did see a marketplace ad for someone selling it by the 35 bag pallet for about 2/3rds of TSC price but not sure the volume of there bags. They said 20 to 25 lbs per bag. Anyone know what a TSC bag weighs? The 8 cubic feet ones?
Chick feeders. Finally sorta good news. I only use two types. The larger runs $18 to $20 usually. Saw a place that had them now for like $10. But d@mn it. It's TSC.
Other news. I've ordered a couple cheap nets. I usually snag nets up from garage sells when I find them but I'm out and it's not garage sell season yet. First one arrived today.
Also ordered and waiting on 2 leg hook tools. Yeah. Tired of bending over so much to hand snag them.
Changing up some web marking for this year. The last couple years I've just been doing a small slit cut. Going back to hole punching to lessen likelihood of confusion so got two of those on order.
So much going on as of late.
Tsc is probably close to 20-25 lbs, at least, guestimating the feeling vs a feed bag when I move them. Maybe 30lbs?

Tsc is probably close to 20-25 lbs, at least, guestimating the feeling vs a feed bag when I move them. Maybe 30lbs?
Got it. I checked the "specifics" on their website and it says 22 lbs.
It's $6.49 and the bulk place comes to $4.30 a bag. Now I'll have to math in some gas price. Ugh maybe tomorrow.

Maybe I should switch the dogs to a raw diet.
chris rock madagascar GIF

Back
Top Bottom