The most dangerous cake recipe in the world!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by BettyR, Mar 11, 2009.

1. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    I tried this last night and it was wonderful. My dh asked for more! I tried one mug with just coca mix and it was even good. Thanks for posting it!

2. soonerdog

soonerdog Songster

I am so going to try this! [​IMG]

3. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

Quote:Probably didn't turn out because someone with a higher power was responding to your postings and was saying "What about the 10pounds you just complained about, and now your making a CAKE?!?!" [​IMG]

LOL!! PROBABLY!!

I was soooo disappointed in it [​IMG] I'm sitting there thinking "Gosh, all these people are droning on and on about it...and to me..it sort of tastes like rubber" [​IMG]

Kind of like getting a fake Twinkie... you KNOW its not a Twinkie but you really want it to be LOL!

I'll give it another try though.. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    ^ definitely sounds like it was overcooked. Our microwave is 1500 watts so I took ours out at 2.30 minutes, but next time I'll only cook them for 2 - 2.15 minutes, just so they're a little bit gooey instead of completely done. Also, next time I'm going to try using butter instead of oil, just to see if I can tell a difference in taste. [​IMG]

5. soonerdog

soonerdog Songster

My family made the chocolate Cake in a Cup tonight and it tastes great! Added a tad more sugar and reduced the cooking time to 4 min. Had the vanilla ice cream ready to scoop onto the hot cake straight from the cup. Yum!!! We three are all smiles. See......... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    OMG [​IMG] [​IMG]

I am trying this one oh yeah.

Quote:The recipe can be altered pretty easy to work for a diabetic

substitute

Splenda for the sugar
    Carob powder for the cocoa
    carob chips for the chocolate chips

that will knock the recipe macros down to near nothing except the egg milk and oil so no worse than many meals. [​IMG]

7. nerfy

nerfy Songster

Aug 4, 2008
    Western Illinois
    Oh man..that looks SOOO good!
    Will have to try it.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  8. Just FYI... I made this tonight with splenda instead of sugar, skim milk instead of whole, and a bantam egg instead of a large. While the texture was a bit rubbery, it was still fairly good.

What could have caused the texture though is what I am wondering?

9. soonerdog

soonerdog Songster

Do you think it is the chocolate chips? I did not use any chocolate chips in the cake that I made tonight.

10. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    I used chocolate chips and mine wasn't rubbery. I would think the rubbery ones are probably overcooked.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: