The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by Phage, Mar 13, 2013.

1. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

CCCCCCCCHICKENS Overrun With Chickens

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Just a question, does everyone have to pick up their eggs at the post office? Because anytime I ordered eggs they are delivered to my house.

2. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    Congrats!

3. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    I never put anything on mine and I don't like anything on packages I recieve. I have gotten a lot over the years that were marked and most of the time the box was smashed and eggs broken or scrambled.

4. chickydee64

chickydee64 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2013
    oregon
    HI,
    I pick mine up, don't want them bouncing around in the truck before they get to me.
    I ask the seller to write ,( Please call upon arrival, with my name and phone number)..........
    But the PO knows my number by heart now...................[​IMG]

5. KYTinpusher

KYTinpusher Master Enabler

Sep 3, 2011
    Northern KY

6. CCCCCCCCHICKENS

Dec 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I didnt know you had an option. They just always shipped to my house. O well the post office near me has weird hours so I probably wouldnt be able to pick the up anyways

7. jfishdr

jfishdr Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2011
    I like the pick up option as it is 108 degrees outside today and the mail trucks do not have A/C and the last set that was home delivered on accident I only hatched 2 out of 24 eggs and both died.

I am much more optimistic this time as the package got to AZ in the middle of the night 78 degrees and was indoors before it got to 100 and has been sitting on my desk at work waiting to go home.

Reed

8. ki4got

ki4got Hatch-a-Holic

Apr 24, 2011
    Roanoke VA
    I do, simply because the usps won't drive up my driveway... it scares them too much. LOL

9. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

My regular mailman has my number programmed into his phone.. so he calls me.. the other drivers won't call me.. AND our post office desk workers get their panties in a bunch when I go to the front desk to pick them up.. lol.. so I have to meet my regular driver behind the post office... almost feels like we're trafficking in illegal goods or something!.... [​IMG]

10. ki4got

ki4got Hatch-a-Holic

Apr 24, 2011
    Roanoke VA
    oh they know me pretty well at the PO... I made a stink when they had a 'changing of the guard' and our old postmaster retired. they've gone thru like 4 people since. this one saw the last box marked 'live embryos' and said something like 'I felt them move'. told her 'I sure as heck hope not!" explained to her these are fertile hatching EGGS. which are embryos that haven't started growing yet...

blondes... [​IMG] apologies to any blondes out there that actually have half a brain! (or more!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by