The NEW Crazy 24hr AUCTION thread

My PO is a country one so they are used to having eggs and chicks shipped to them. They call and ask if I want them held or delivered. And our postman brings them and toots his horn for me to come out and inspect them. Last time he had the box on his passenger seat on a cushion! LOL Mark is great and very careful.

Just a question, does everyone have to pick up their eggs at the post office? Because anytime I ordered eggs they are delivered to my house.

I go to post office for picture up. When the box is clearly marked for pick up. My last eggs got carried around in the truck in 100+ degree weather. It was marked for pick up but was so very small they missed it. Only got 1 chick to hatch. The other eggs must have died from heat....
clear markings are a must.
SueG

I am so thankful for my PO. They are fascinated by the whole process, i take pics of the bator full of eggs and the newly (ugly) hatched and then the fluffy. They love it. My Rural Carrier used to bring boxes not marked hold to the house and either put them on the porch or in my truck. Now he has my number and if he even Thinks a box is eggs he calls me and leaves it in the bosses A/Ced office. Wish they got that kind of treatment on the rest of the trip.

Why cant all mail carriers be sooo careful n considerate

Thought about putting up an auction but would only do it if I am allowed to wait till AFTER Monday to ship so shipping would be for Tuesday after the long weekend. Can one of the mods let me know if this is ok? If so I will list an auction here in a bit. ;)

Last edited:
There probably is but it got lost in all the chatting. I'm not trying to be a pain but once again it would be easier if everyone would chat here https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/767242/feedback-and-chat-thread-for-the-new-crazy-24hr-auction-thread/180
Just let bygones be bygones and come on over and chat with us. It would be easier for sellers and buyers a like. Just saying. Thanks for giving it a thought. Lets all be friends
highfive.gif

Michele

FOR AUCTION: 1PAIR OF PAUL SMITH LAVENDER AMERAUCANAS HATCHED THE END OF MARCH

LOCAL PICKUP ONLY UNLESS YOU FEEL LIKE CONVINCING ME TO SHIP

STARTING PRICE: $50

FOR AUCTION: 1 PAUL SMITH LAVENDER AMERAUCANA COCKEREL HATCHED THE END OF MARCH (COMES WITH A MARANSAUCANA HEN)

STARTING PRICE: $25

FOR AUCTION: 1 PAIR OF PAUL SMITH BBS AMERAUCANAS HATCHED THE END OF MARCH

STARTING PRICE: $40

FOR AUCTION: 1 PAIR OR 1 TRIO OF MUSCOVY DUCKS UTILITY OR SHOW QUALITY, YOU PICK THEM OUT. CHOOSE FROM BLACK PIED, WHITE OR BARRED, VARIOUS AGES TO CHOOSE FROM.

STARTING PRICE: $20

I AM LOCATED IN CARTERET COUNTY, NC. I WILL BE GOING TO THE PITT COUNTY FAIR, THE STATE FAIR AND THE SMITHFIELD SHOW IN DECEMBER, I COULD MEET YOU THERE OR WE COULD WORK OUT ANOTHER RENDEZVOUS THAT WOULD WORK FOR YOU.

This is the last auction I found when searching. I doubt it is valid anymore unless RBaker wants it to be.

There probably is but it got lost in all the chatting. I'm not trying to be a pain but once again it would be easier if everyone would chat here https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/767242/feedback-and-chat-thread-for-the-new-crazy-24hr-auction-thread/180 Just let bygones be bygones and come on over and chat with us. It would be easier for sellers and buyers a like. Just saying. Thanks for giving it a thought. Lets all be friends
highfive.gif
Michele
Frankly I just thought that I wanted to TALK to the people here not somewhere nessasarily somewhere ELSE. I didn't know all the people from HERE are over there,just trying not to clog up the auctions themselves...so I'm gonna go over there to chat...about shipping and stuff....:p sure hope AUCTIONS PICK UP THEN!! MODSSS! I still need an answer about my auction though ;)

Last edited:
All auctions end the following day at the exact same time of day that they were first posted UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED.
If an auction is listed at 9:00am on a Monday then the latest bid can be entered at 9:00am the next day -Tuesday - Bids entered at 9:01 or later would be too late. Including the ending time in the text of the listing is also very helpful for clarification.
Please make sure you want the eggs and can pay for them before bidding.

This is a snippet from page 1. I would say if it's only till you can collect and ship Tuesday it would be OK. I have no problems with it and have done it before on this thread with a 3 day auction. Just my opinion but I am not a MOD though.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom