The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Dry cracked hands...
I second @Blooie on the coconut oil.

But...
Vitamin A (not beta carotene) from animal source (the only source of A) would help tremendously. A little raw cod liver oil daily may help. (Not the bottled kind on the health food shelf. There are a couple of raw brands available.) Can also get it in butter made from raw milk.

First you roll to your side, then you get on your knees, then you crawl to a chair or other stable object then you pull/push yourself up to your feet. If there are no nearby stable objects, you bring one foot in contact with the ground and push on your thigh to get to a standing position. Young people will not understand why the heck it is so complicated ;)

That's the process! The trick is rolling over in the first place! :lau

Awwwwwe...so cute!
I think so, too! A very special friend on BYC sent her that shirt in the summer of 2015, and she loves it. When it was still way too big for her, she wore it. Now that it's fitting better, she wears it. At this rate she's gonna wear it out before she outgrows it! But so far it's held up well, and she'll look for it specifically when Jen washes clothes. Thank you, special secret friend! Ya dun good! :love

I lotion every day and still have dry hands. The splits hurt like heck! I put triple antibiotic on them and they heal faster. Love this hand cream...Wish they made bigger tubes of it.
View attachment 1229410 View attachment 1229411

For me, if I use liquid hand soap, or normal bar soap, my hands crack up (and it doesn't even get that cold here). Since finding a guy who makes his own soap and uses a lye discount, meaning he puts in 6% more oil than necessary to ensure all of the caustic soda is used up, my hands have been a lot better. It's a lot more gentle on the skin and my hands feel moisturised by the soap (because they are mostly saponified oils). Sodium Lauryl Sulphate and Triclosan (2 common ingredients in liquid hand soap) are known to cause contact dermatitis. For me also, it's the frequency with which I wash my hands that can cause them to crack up (which is hard when you've got a cold and you don't want to pass it round to everyone). But that natural soap really helps.

Check this out - think she's grown a little? Still her favorite shirt - she calls it "chickie".
View attachment 1229581 View attachment 1229578
2015 - 2018

Gorgeous!

Thanks, @JaeG. She's a keeper!

I've also heard that there's an olive oil bar soap that is good. I've been too lazy to look for it - I just grab the coconut oil. But I'm a frequent hand washer too...only have to have gangrene once to gain a healthy respect for the power of the germ. And of course, with Kendra around and seeing to her personal needs, clean hands are even more of a must. Maybe it's time to be unlazy. Can't take any more time to find and buy the soap than it does to use coconut oil several times a day.

@CapricornFarm - Flying squirrels? Did ya get any pictures? I'd love to see those big eyes! I've never seen a flying squirrel!

Thanks, @JaeG. She's a keeper!

I've also heard that there's an olive oil bar soap that is good. I've been too lazy to look for it - I just grab the coconut oil. But I'm a frequent hand washer too...only have to have gangrene once to gain a healthy respect for the power of the germ. And of course, with Kendra around and seeing to her personal needs, clean hands are even more of a must. Maybe it's time to be unlazy. Can't take any more time to find and buy the soap than it does to use coconut oil several times a day.

@CapricornFarm - Flying squirrels? Did ya get any pictures? I'd love to see those big eyes! I've never seen a flying squirrel!

What? You've never seen Rocky J. Squirrel of the Rocky and Bullwinkle fame? Heavens to mergatroid!
rocky and bullwinkle.jpg

First you roll to your side, then you get on your knees, then you crawl to a chair or other stable object then you pull/push yourself up to your feet. If there are no nearby stable objects, you bring one foot in contact with the ground and push on your thigh to get to a standing position. Young people will not understand why the heck it is so complicated ;)
We learned from the safety expert that you can use your knees to leverage your way up

The guy shows this about 47 second in

Back
Top Bottom