The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys with the planting. :fl

Me too! It’s a PITA to have everything ready for planting and not be able to get in and get started. The sugar beets they plant up here should be in the ground starting this week - they like it cooler. The gated pipe is in for the irrigation in most fields. But we’ve had rain the past several days and with all the bentonite, the accesses to the fields is like gumbo....equipment just sinks.

Ready for the great reveal? I should have done this yesterday, but I didn’t. If you want an excuse, you’ll have to look elsewhere - I don’t have one.
CAB88CC0-A365-489B-961F-9855FF4D90CD.jpeg 6CBC993E-D996-47A6-ABBF-AE967263585E.jpeg 382DE394-FC38-4124-BE96-9FD24459F048.jpeg E29C8934-3BF3-4F41-97AF-2CC994EC91E7.jpeg 8D1D16B4-1E50-4902-9CF5-3D3CF58C371B.jpeg
TaDa!!!

Me too! It’s a PITA to have everything ready for planting and not be able to get in and get started. The sugar beets they plant up here should be in the ground starting this week - they like it cooler. The gated pipe is in for the irrigation in most fields. But we’ve had rain the past several days and with all the bentonite, the accesses to the fields is like gumbo....equipment just sinks.

Ready for the great reveal? I should have done this yesterday, but I didn’t. If you want an excuse, you’ll have to look elsewhere - I don’t have one.
View attachment 1778913 View attachment 1778914 View attachment 1778916 View attachment 1778917 View attachment 1778918
TaDa!!!

Wow, Tam looks great! Fun getting to see the big reveal :D

We’re On the road again this weekend. Gonna see how the new van does going over the mountains. (New? Shoot, it’s already been in for its 5000 mile check and has just under 6000 miles on it already.)

Curious to see how Tam’s residents handled her new look last night. They really don’t like change, and she respects that. Last year she argued with her supervisor, then went over her head because the super decided it “would be fun to have the staff wear Halloween costumes to work.” Tam didn’t mind the dressing up, in fact she’s always enjoyed it, but she said a nursing home and assisted care facility was NOT the place to have overnight staff in costumes. Residents often wake up and are a bit disoriented for a few minutes, and not to immediately recognize their care givers was just plain cruel. She also maintained that some costumes could hamper their movements in an emergency. She won. So she was concerned that the lady who likes to sit on the edge of her bed and brush or stroke Tam’s hair in the middle of the night to soothe her so she could go back to sleep (the resident, not Tam!), as well as the rest of the older people who are used to seeing her long pony tail might not be happy. So, we’ll see.

Last edited:
Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys with the planting. :fl
Thanks Debby! Farmers are the biggest gamblers and we can’t control mother nature unfortunately:hmm

View attachment 1778913 View attachment 1778914 View attachment 1778916 View attachment 1778917 View attachment 1778918
TaDa!!!
Thanks Blooie! I knew beets needed it cooler for harvest but not for planting. Her hair looks great, wow!
Thanks Bob!

Thanks! I’ll tell her!

DMC, we have a relatively short growing season here, which is part of the reason beets do so well. They are planted in the cooler spring, grew huge tops and beet roots during the warm summer and then the beet roots sugar up as temps cool back down. The balance farmers have to strike is leaving them in the field long enough to gain maximum size and sugar content, but get them out of the ground and get the campaign going before the freeze. The processing campaign at the sugar factory usually starts up around the end of October or early November, and ends in late February or early a March.

Now that it’s daylight, it looks like another rainy day again. I hope not - rain down here usually means snow on the mountains. Ken got up and said he’d decided we’d leave for Sheridan in the morning instead of late this afternoon. I really wanted to go today and stay there overnight so I could take a shower there in the morning, then take my time getting my hair and makeup done and getting dressed, but it looks like it’s going to be another ‘get out of bed, rush to get the bed made, hair and face done, get into my good clothes, then rush to get over to Sheridan in time for the breakfast buffet and start of the meetings’ day. Crap. I hate that! It also means he’ll be driving over already in his tux, which gets some mighty funny looks when we stop for gas.

We’re almost done. We’re almost done. We’re almost done........

TaDa!!!
Sorry to but in, but @Blooie , do you really have proper Bentonite clay?

TaDa!!!
When I had my hair cut that much I donated the pony tail to be used to make a wig for children with cancer. Just a thought for future. She looks great!

Back
Top Bottom