The Old Folks Home

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wisher1000, Jul 28, 2012.

1. apteryx

apteryx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2013
    Alabama
    great.... now I have that tune stuck in my head....

Great to have you back though!

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Bama , I've seen you greeting New Members , on that thread

3. bamadude

bamadude Overrun With Chickens

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    yeah. I like greeting the new members. All u guys greeted me when i first joined. It made me feel welcome. One of my infractions was due to a member being rude to a newbie. I didnt like him being rude to newbies so i spoke my mind. I think we all should spend a little time making newbies feel welcome. I notice that u and 2crows greet almost every1 new. I applaud u guys for that

4. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    bamadude I did look into listing him (negatively) on Angie's List and it looks like you have to be a member to do it so that one is out. I did find a place on the local version of "Craig's List" to leave negative feedback and some others (Yelp, and yellowpages, etc). I also talked to some of my coworkers that live in the small town where he lives to spread the word there.

5. tnspursfan09

tnspursfan09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2013
    Limestone, TN
    My neighbor just gave me the cutest little rotisserie.

6. bamadude

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    i cant tell u exactly what i would do (see rule#2 and3). But i would be angry...and crafty. He would definately have to explain it face to face with me...and a few of these good ole boys

7. dsqard

dsqard Crazy "L" Farms

Jun 11, 2010
    York PA
    bamadude I hear you but I really do like to stay within the confines of the law [​IMG] No need to be crafty because I really do believe that Karma does find a way to pay people back for how they behave or treat others. It may not happen when you would like but it does happen. I have seen this time and time again and all I have to do is pretty much sit back and watch the fun. I am putting negative reviews on sites about him and his company mainly because that is how I find contractors and handymen. If they have bad reviews or no reviews, I don't even contact them. I wish I had been able to find stuff on him when I was looking for a contractor. Unfortunately, local word of mouth was not available to me because I was moving here from another state. I would like to kick my realtor too for suggesting him. She grew up in the area and knew his reputation and yet still recommended him. Beginning to think most realtors are like used car salesmen. OK 'nuff said or I will have to go read some more "dang" you autocorrects to cheer me up again. [​IMG]

8. bamadude

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    Dsqard: u are right.

1 person likes this.
  9. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

I have scored two warnings and an infraction on my BYC rap sheet.

We with strong opinions eventually learn the limits

10. bamadude

Jan 26, 2014
    skipperville
    oz i had no idea u were gangsta. Lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by