The Old Folks Home

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Wisher1000, Jul 28, 2012.

1. chickadoodles

chickadoodles Flock Master

Feb 28, 2013
    Gone camping
    Thank you Chickisoup. I found one dead yesterday morning and saw some bloody stools. I called all over trying to find some corrid. When DH got off we got some and found one more dead. Three looked sick so I put them on the porch in a cage to dropper feed them. This morning they are drinking and two are eating but all still alive.
    I had no choice but to put them outside after the attacks kept happening. But they are over 2 months old and fully feathered. They should have been fine. But the TSC quit caring the medicated chick starter. So I called their Corp. office yesterday and talked with them, they will get it back in the stores here for us.

2. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

A funny thing happened on the way to vaccinating some pigs today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Caprino our buck dropped dead a couple of months ago but managed to get a few of our goats pregnant.

here we have the first kid born - a girl!! she is half Nubian.- another girl would be fantastic.

In six months our ipil-ipil trees should be big enough to start harvesting limbs - perfect goat food - and perfect timing for a new buck.

1 person likes this.
  3. chickadoodles

Feb 28, 2013
    Gone camping
    Thank you Cynthia. I will watch the videos. I got some Boss yesterday to try some. [​IMG]

4. chickadoodles

Feb 28, 2013
    Gone camping
    Thanks Oz. I have not had to deal with this before.

5. Bunnylady

Bunnylady POOF Goes the Pooka

Nov 27, 2009
    Wilmington, NC
    Yeah, right - you stuffed the ballot box.[​IMG]

Congrats on the doeling![​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  6. Pozees

Pozees Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2012
    Pueblo, CO
    Oz - first I've heard of Dimethox, I will have to see if that's something available locally or whether I'll have to order in - and what a little cutie-pie your new doeling is!

7. chickisoup

chickisoup one Blessed chicki Premium Member

I just posted this on the Salmonella thread under emergencies where I earlier posted the links/info on the first show on Monday and the follow-up and link to the archive of the first show. Both of these shows should be interesting to all whether you bought their chicks or not because it's loaded with good information on the how's, why's and how to deal with salmonella.

Ok, so, the Chicken Whisperer has managed to get BOTH the owner of Mt Healthy Hatchery and a rep from Tractor Supply Co (who sold their chicks) to join in on his follow-up broadcast on the Salmonella outbreak tomorrow. For specifics on time and the link, go to the Chicken Whisperer's page on FB. Should be an interesting show.

8. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Oz..loving me some baby goat photos! Adorable! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  9. ronott1

ronott1 A chicken will always remember the egg Premium Member Project Manager

Mar 31, 2011
    Wodland, CA
    My Coop
    On the California Northern thread we call it the S (Sulfadimethoxine) medicine. Out in the Sonoma County area, some have to use it because the Cocci is very bad there and chicks die without it. Here in Woodland, Corid works fine. It would be a good medicine to have on hand if you had a type of cocci that was killing your chicks. Some Breeds seem to have less resistance to cocci too.

1 person likes this.
  10. chickadoodles

Feb 28, 2013
    Gone camping
    Cynthia I just watched the videos and I love it. It seems so easy. Now I just need some more trays. lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by