The Old Folks Home

My sister texted me that she and her DH were to be coming through here (TX) today and wanted to stop and visit. I gave them my address and said best to contact me and I'd meet them and lead them in as I seem to be difficult to find. No response since. :idunno That was to be my weekend "excitement"...

So earlier today I placed a nicely seasoned rack of St/ Louise style ribs in the oven, top rack, set at 275 for 3 hours. Just pulled them and coated liberally with BBQ sauce and returned to oven for another hour & 20 minutes. Should be ready to consume right after doing goat chores. :drool Remembering that Carly Simon song; Anticipation. Will try to leaver some leftovers for tomorrow. :oops:

My sister texted me that she and her DH were to be coming through here (TX) today and wanted to stop and visit. I gave them my address and said best to contact me and I'd meet them and lead them in as I seem to be difficult to find. No response since. :idunno That was to be my weekend "excitement"...

So earlier today I placed a nicely seasoned rack of St/ Louise style ribs in the oven, top rack, set at 275 for 3 hours. Just pulled them and coated liberally with BBQ sauce and returned to oven for another hour & 20 minutes. Should be ready to consume right after doing goat chores. :drool Remembering that Carly Simon song; Anticipation. Will try to leaver some leftovers for tomorrow. :oops:
At least you got some ribs!

Eat happy.gif

Hi everyone. Just got back from the doctors. Got my back straightened out finally and got 4 tubes of blood drained out of me to check for RA. Wasn't suspecting that he was going to do that or I wouldn't have eaten a big handful of nilla wafers before going in....didn't have lunch and was hungry. LOL.

So I'll be playing catch up......or not, you guys sure do write a lot in a day!

On a brighter note, Got to make an Orscheln's run and see their new chicks. Gawd, talk about a cute attack. DH was in the store with me and asked me how many chicks I bought. I just smiled and said none.

Cap hope you find your chicks safe and sound.

Penny hope your doctor appt went well.

You know, the way the Post Awful looses living chicks, I'm surprised that somebody hasn't turned them in for animal abuse. Seriously!

Sorry Latestarter, I hate being stood up. You'd think at my age, I'd be used to it. I'm sure they had a cell phone, couldn't they have at least called and said they can't make it?
No, if they were going to make up an excuse, they wouldn't say it over the phone. You could probably tell if they were "white lying."

Sorry Latestarter, I hate being stood up. You'd think at my age, I'd be used to it. I'm sure they had a cell phone, couldn't they have at least called and said they can't make it?
No, if they were going to make up an excuse, they wouldn't say it over the phone. You could probably tell if they were "white lying."
I often find out that a relative went to Dutch Brothers for coffee in my City...From the DWs facebook!

I do not do facebook so it they do not tell me I do not know! Quite ignorantly blissful....

Relatives live 600 miles away and I-5 passes just south of our City

My family is 200 plus miles away and I like it that way.

SIL tried to play the I'm older than you I will boss you around card with me and learned real fast that you don't pull that nonsense with a part Cherokee, part German part Irish red head especially when she is going through the change.:rant:lau

That happened in 2008. Ten years ago and we haven't spoken a word since.....God I love the peace and quiet.:wee

I'm really starting to think that the local Orscheln's is getting their chicks from somewhere other than Hoover's or Este's. They had a lot of Cochin chicks that I don't see listed on either of their sites including a little blue splash that was just adorable. I'm wondering if they haven't switched to Cackle.

Last edited:
My family is 200 plus miles away and I like it that way.

SIL tried to play the I'm older than you you I will boss you around card with me and learned real fast that you don't pull that nonsense with a part Cherokee, part German part Irish red head especially when she is going through the change.:rant:lau

That happened in 2008. Ten years ago and we haven't spoken a word since.....God I love the peace and quiet.:wee

I'm really starting to think that the local Orscheln's is getting their chicks from somewhere other than Hoover's or Este's. They had a lot of Cochin chicks that I don't see listed on either of their sites including a little blue splash that was just adorable. I'm wondering if they haven't switched to Cackle.
:goodpost:

I don't do facebook or anything other than BYC. I'm content here, don't need to keep up with everything else on the planet.

Well I guess people do weird things for coffee. When our grocery store had a Starbucks inside, crazy people were parking in the fire lanes, so they could run inside for coffee and run out before the cops caught them. For coffee???? Ice cream yeah, I could see that, but, I was always on foot (never have driven) or blocked a hydrant or anything. Not wide enough to do that yet, probably some day.

Back
Top Bottom