The Old Folks Home

The ribs were fall off the bone tender. I ate 1/2 the rack... some before goat chores, some after. Hopefully the remaining 1/2 will still be available for lunch tomorrow. All depends on my willpower and ability to avoid a late night, before bed snack. :oops:

I'd planned to "maybe" let my sis and BinLaw have 1/3rd each as dinner, but they never showed and never contacted me. For all I know, they may not have even left CO yet. My sis isn't the best at following plans... even her own. A bit of a free spirit. But she does have a huge heart and goes out of her way to help others.

She's been in CO since November when our x-sister in law went in for hip surgery. The docs F'ed up and 3 surgeries later, she lost her leg below the knee. She's still dealing with complications and fall out from that debacle. My sis has been out there helping her with her young kids. I hope she sues them into bankruptcy. Anyway... as I said, I don't even know if she's left CO yet. If she stops by, great, if not, maybe some time in the coming decade.

Now just to assist SCG in convincing her Significant Other:
2018-3-16 ribs.JPG

Hope y'all up there in the snow belt are staying warm and safe. Sorry you have yet another big one headed your way SCG. My daughter down in Brunswick says she has almost 3 feet on the ground now.

Hi everyone. Just got back from the doctors. Got my back straightened out finally and got 4 tubes of blood drained out of me to check for RA. Wasn't suspecting that he was going to do that or I wouldn't have eaten a big handful of nilla wafers before going in....didn't have lunch and was hungry. LOL.

So I'll be playing catch up......or not, you guys sure do write a lot in a day!

On a brighter note, Got to make an Orscheln's run and see their new chicks. Gawd, talk about a cute attack. DH was in the store with me and asked me how many chicks I bought. I just smiled and said none.

Cap hope you find your chicks safe and sound.

Penny hope your doctor appt went well.

You know, the way the Post Awful looses living chicks, I'm surprised that somebody hasn't turned them in for animal abuse. Seriously!

While you r waiting, do some homework. A long time friend skips her weekly meds when she goes on weight watchers, takes a few weeks though.

Sweet fat of the hog those ribs look delicious!:drool

I looked at a baby rack of ribs today. Told DH that I was drooling hungry for ribs. I passed and bought shrimp instead.....been crazy hungry for shrimp also and I can only afford to indulge one craving at a time.

Trust me @drumstick diva I was tempted. They bin was full of bantam chicks and I leaned over and said HEY to them, This little one with shaggy blue tipped leg feathers head popped up and looked right at me like it was saying WHAT? to me. Had to do a quick walk away. They also had a bunch of smooth legged black and white bantams that I think may have been Japanese. Most were Cochins tho and as much as I love Cochins (my first bantam rooster was a little Buff Cochin that liked to beat up on my shoe) I have to be realistic about having them with the mud and clay we have.

I went out to close up the coops and discovered that the rain and wind that moved through here today broke out the window in my large fowl coop door leaving a big gaping hole. I hate plexi glass btw. I found a piece of plywood that almost fit and got it up with a handful of screws which I thought was pretty remarkable considering it was pitch dark outside. First thing on the agenda for tomorrow is to re-engineer the door.

Boys trap, think the broken yo yo rope was supposed to hang down the cage. DW said he just jumped up and decided to 'build' it. Don't know where he got the idea from, probably from what we call 'stupid stuff', YouTube vids, he watches doh much fun and Chase's corner a lot.
I couldn't find a leprechaun so I just took his gold (a penny) and stuffed a bag of Skittles in the tube. Dang, I didn't even know he could write.
'Come and get it the gold'
20180316_233056.jpg

Back
Top Bottom