The Old Folks Home

dads-are-most.jpg
Good morning everyone with that said I want to wish all our gentlemen out here a Happy Father's Day even if you don't have ,you might have furry,feathered ,fishy,fuzzy,ahh heck you're still Dad have a wonderful day:hugs

Ron, I have wanted to take you up on your very generous offer of a free starter, but truthfully, I'm "scared" of the commitment needed to maintain it. I don't have the energy, or desire to bake bread daily or even every other day. I'm afraid I'd be wasting it. I have had "friendship bread" starts before and they all went to waste. I love the "idea" of daily fresh baked bread. :rolleyes: I don't even know how to care for it or use it. For example, I always thought a sponge was used when washing dishes or the car :duc:oops:

I was deployed to the Azores multiple times for months at a time. We were on the Air Force base located on the island of Terciera. Beautiful place, friendly people, excellent food/wine/eateries. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terceira_Island

I had the opportunity to visit Lisbon as well. I agree... I'd love to re-visit and stay for a bit where work wouldn't interfere. :cool:
Thank you for your dedication & services it is very beautiful & breath taking not to sure where my friend could be now lost contact but such nice people:)

Went to out kids gender reveal. I have video, but I can never get them to post here, don't want to mess with YouTube? Anyway, they used silly string. Poor kids got covered after the count of three...here is a ball that our son made out of it after gathering most of it up. View attachment 1433694yep, it's a boy!
Congratulations:woot:woot:clap:thumbsup:ya:wee:celebrate:love:frow

Ron, I have wanted to take you up on your very generous offer of a free starter, but truthfully, I'm "scared" of the commitment needed to maintain it. I don't have the energy, or desire to bake bread daily or even every other day. I'm afraid I'd be wasting it. I have had "friendship bread" starts before and they all went to waste. I love the "idea" of daily fresh baked bread. :rolleyes: I don't even know how to care for it or use it. For example, I always thought a sponge was used when washing dishes or the car :duc:oops:

I was deployed to the Azores multiple times for months at a time. We were on the Air Force base located on the island of Terciera. Beautiful place, friendly people, excellent food/wine/eateries. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terceira_Island

I had the opportunity to visit Lisbon as well. I agree... I'd love to re-visit and stay for a bit where work wouldn't interfere. :cool:
The starter stays in the fridge and goes dormant. You wake it up to use it by setting it on the counter and adding half a cup of flour.

Starter does fine fed or used once every two weeks. It is also easy to dry starter or freeze some.

Back
Top Bottom