The Old Folks Home

If she's a smart lady she is. Seriously. This thief HATED it when I came into the office or filled in behind the desk when they were sick or had an emergency to tend to. Should have tipped us off but I believe they thought I was onto them and tipped DH off. Actually DH didn't need tipped off, he figured it out on his own.

The sad thing is, we always ask doctors if they know what is going on in their front office? They always give us a puzzled confused look and say, 'Ummmm why, no. We don't.'

I was five or six years old when we lost the business.... But You Know kids they pick up on things.... I will never go into a partnership... Or hire employees directly... I have them bid the job and hold them to it... Pay em partial payments in cash as they work. of course I am hiring substance abusers... Most excellent tradesmen with a rep.... sigh.

Personally I would love to have a business and be a worker bee ... Have a good manager who doesnt let on.

deb

Yup Vaughan woods. I was there at sunrise so it was dark but here's a photo.
IMG_20181020_074237707.jpg

Deb can we see what you're making?

I'm also in process of quilting a dream big (blown up flower) panel as well. Got the 2 quilts for bfs mom off to the long arm quilter who is going to do a moose, bear and pine tree motif on those. That is something I can't do by hand, you have to follow a design with a laser (or a computer program) to get it right across the face of the quilt and I really felt like that was the best design for that type of quilt. But I enjoy the below type of quilting the best. After this one I have 3 more tops to quilt. Hoping to have this one all done in the next few weeks and get started on the binding for bfs mom's quilts then get the next top quilted.

IMG_20181020_145328537.jpg

Bf built me a new duck house today too. Guess he saw what I wrote about how ghetto it was. It was a temporary house that was supposed to last a few months. 5 years later and it's really falling apart. I hope to paint it tomorrow and get it roofed.

Attachments

• IMG_20181020_074226438.jpg
    IMG_20181020_074226438.jpg
    677.4 KB · Views: 3
I am also pondering making some things out of Stainless .... Ear wires, Jean Rings....

The Jean rings I have had before were made of Brass... I have jewelers Bronze... Little softer little bit redder... But I will hammer them all once formed to harden the work.

deb

http://jeanring.com/ didnt know they still made them. I am sure there is a patent so what I will do will be a bit more intricate...

Back
Top Bottom