The Old Folks Home

Don't fret. We got it back at the tail end of Jan. and the beginning of Feb. It's rough stuff, as with any flu, but we got through it ok. Because I have lung issues anyway, the doctor made sure I had both my Albuterol, and Symbicort inhalers, along with my prescription for Montelukast (singulair). He also gave us Tamiflu, and a decongestant. While we did not start the Tamiflu within the specified time frame for optimum results, like the doctor said, even starting it late, it does have an impact on it.

Don't fret. We got it back at the tail end of Jan. and the beginning of Feb. It's rough stuff, as with any flu, but we got through it ok. Because I have lung issues anyway, the doctor made sure I had both my Albuterol, and Symbicort inhalers, along with my prescription for Montelukast (singulair). He also gave us Tamiflu, and a decongestant. While we did not start the Tamiflu within the specified time frame for optimum results, like the doctor said, even starting it late, it does have an impact on it.

We have only had three cases in Macon county. Up from 2 which it was for over 2 months. We just picked up #3 today. People are scared here and admittedly we are too which is why we are sitting here at home.

I'm glad you all came through it okay. Hopefully you had one of the lesser variants of the virus. Last I heard it has mutated at least 12 times.

It finally stopped raining here. We had 3 inches in 4 days. Next week is supposed to be dry...good! Things need to dry out. The humidity is off the chart.

We have only had three cases in Macon county. Up from 2 which it was for over 2 months. We just picked up #3 today. People are scared here and admittedly we are too which is why we are sitting here at home.

I'm glad you all came through it okay. Hopefully you had one of the lesser variants of the virus. Last I heard it has mutated at least 12 times.

It finally stopped raining here. We had 3 inches in 4 days. Next week is supposed to be dry...good! Things need to dry out. The humidity is off the chart.
Humid here too. The rain we were supposed to get missed us, but it was high 70s and very humid. A/c felt great.
Bought another playhouse today , and those 30 pullets. Got a money order for my Buff Laced Polish and Jubilee Orpingtons I am having shipped.

I bought 30 pullets today. I have 5 incubators running and one ready to clean. I have no idea how many chicks I have as it changes daily. Hatch more, sell more, buy some, the 10 broodies hatch more. Thank goodness the swaps are starting soon!
You will have a lot to sell at the swap!

Humid here too. The rain we were supposed to get missed us, but it was high 70s and very humid. A/c felt great.
Bought another playhouse today , and those 30 pullets. Got a money order for my Buff Laced Polish and Jubilee Orpingtons I am having shipped.

how nice. I never did the swaps. I just posted on fb poultry pages what I had. I always sold out. But a lot of folks came by and put in orders for chicks or hens. I would get the birds and raise them to laying age for several customers. And they didn’t mind paying for me housing and feeding them til laying age.
but here people would drive by and see my flock and stop to ask for birds. Being on a main Hwy. helped.

Back
Top Bottom