The Old Folks Home

@microchick thanks for the Silver update

She has dropped into full silence in the past.... so I shouldn't worry... but with her many health issues, I do always worry when she does go silent.

We never did get any contact with @drumstick diva And messages were left on her home phone (from what I understand). She was drifting a bit the last maybe 6 months she was on BYC... so...
Diva was such a faithful member on Byc for so long, her slow down then complete disappearance is a mystery for sure.

I think we all slow down from time to time. Life and other things are competing for time in our busy lives. Sometimes there is enough drama in life that you just don't need the drama that can occur from time to time on a forum either.

I do miss Diva, too, along with Blooie. I know I get busy here or not feeling well and suddenly I realize that it has been two or three days since I've been on the forum.

Doctor's appointment this past Monday was interesting. My Dexa scan numbers were better but my T score still wasn't all that great and he started telling me that treatment was recommended. I put on my big girl panties and told him that I had never used this word with him before and had always tried to do what he recommended but NO, I would not go back on biologics in any shape or form. I had felt better over the summer months than I had in the past three years and I wouldn't go back to the way I was feeling when I was on the Prolia no matter how high the risk was for a fracture from osteopenia. My risk of having a fracture was only 20% in general and only 2.4% for a hip fracture. I can live with those odds.

Surprisingly enough, he understood. Asked me if I would be willing to add some weight lifting to my exercise regimen and I told him I would definitely do that.

My husband said that he thinks that the doctor thinks I sit around all day watching soaps on TV and eating bon bons when in reality I'm carrying 20 pound jugs of water to the coop, unlading 50 pound feed bags, tossing and stacking split wood. The list goes on.

I think I'll just let the doctor live in his little world and keep on doing what I'm doing.

Meanwhile, I've lost 29 pounds and have reached maintenance. f

Okay, Silverhair update. He's doing well. Driving, picking up feed, taking care of abandoned chickens and ducks that a neighbor left when they moved out, all in all getting stronger every day.

Thanks for the update on Silver. Isn't that what we all do when we get older? Sit around watching soaps, eating bon bons, and making our servants wait on us hand and foot. Makes you want to reach out and touch someone. Mainly a doctor with an open palm across the face.
:goodpost:

Agreed, Clue.

I told my DH today that medicine has changed since we retired and not for the better. When my husband saw an established patient, he knew something about them, their job, their families, etc. I've been seeing my doctor for 8 years and nope, nothing. I'm just a body in the room hoping to get out without any new medicines and refills on my old ones.

Not, how's life? What are you doing to stay active? How's your husband doing? Etc.

I showed him last visit how much wood we had harvested this year. Like, ARE YOU REMEMBERING ANY OF THIS? We harvested over 15 cords of wood this summer. Does that sound like I'm not active enough for a 69 year old woman?

Nope, evidently not. Doctors have to see X number of patients a day and can only spend X amount of time with each patient in order to turn enough of a profit to keep the business going. Who suffers? We do, the patients.

Somehow I don' think it's going to get any better, either.

Not only don't they listen if you mention something about your lifestyle, they don't listen when you mention things regarding your health. They want to hear 2 symptoms, diagnose from that, then send you packing quickly. Bye bye, and don't let the door hit you where the good Lord sit you.

Another thing, don't address multiple issues. This visit is for this issue. If you want to talk about another issue, that takes another appointment. Bye, and see you soon.

Not only don't they listen if you mention something about your lifestyle, they don't listen when you mention things regarding your health. They want to hear 2 symptoms, diagnose from that, then send you packing quickly. Bye bye, and don't let the door hit you where the good Lord sit you.

Another thing, don't address multiple issues. This visit is for this issue. If you want to talk about another issue, that takes another appointment. Bye, and see you soon.
Lol, they hate it when i come in with a list.

Lol, they hate it when i come in with a list.
I did that my last visit before the one this week. He kept trying to get out of the room and I said, whoa whoa whoa, I'm not done yet, I have a couple other things I need to discuss with you.

I try to limit it to two issues. More than that confuses him, lol. Although I was able to sneak in 'Oh, you forgot to say whether or not I could have a flu shot' after he addressed my back pain and my continued diverticulitis flare.

Didn't get the flu shot but did manage three issues.

The funny thing is while my doctor is all business, the practice head is just the opposite. He invited me to have lunch with the staff once and loves to gab. DH says I should switch docs. I said but I have this one almost trained just the way I like them.

Back
Top Bottom