The Olive-Egger thread!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by onthespot, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Roosterfry

Roosterfry Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2010
    North Mississippi
    What about shamos and somatras and I think cornish game birds all have pea combs? I've never heard of one of them laying a blue egg.

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:Calm down folks.

The pea comb to blue egg link is basically for blue egg layers; doesn't refer to pea combed birds. Refers to blue egg layers.

3. Roosterfry

Nov 26, 2010
    North Mississippi
    I promise I'm calm. Just having fun [​IMG]

4. Roosterfry

Nov 26, 2010
    North Mississippi
    Ok, guess it wouldn't hurt to change the subject.,,, so guys and gals, my pullets aren't laying and i would love to see some colorful eggs! It would be awesome to see some pictures of some olive eggs from your hens! And even cooler if you would make the best estimate of what parents created your olive eggers! This will be fun as well as educational! Let's get back to talking about olive eggers and showing some cool egg pictures!

5. BuffyGRL

BuffyGRL Chillin' With My Peeps

At what age did your Olive Eggers start laying? Mine are Ameraucana x Marans, any ideas or experiences?

Thanks

6. Roosterfry

Nov 26, 2010
    North Mississippi
    Quote:I knew a guy who had some and it took about 6 months, my oldest OE's are 4 months old now

7. jeb251

jeb251 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    yes please more pics, I am wating for my girls to start laying, but my breeders were a bcm hen hatched from eggs from greenfire farms and the rooster is a blue ameraucana from my own lines, the eggs are a nice blue color from the ameraucanas and the egg color from the bcma is outstanding, if I dont get the color eggs I want, I will take the henns back to a bcm rooster and see what I end up with then

8. DMRippy

DMRippy Pallet Queen

May 18, 2011
    Nashville
    Quote:Mine took 8 months [​IMG]

9. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    My two OE pullets from Monique have grown up and are beautiful. I'm patiently waiting on eggs now... hopefully before we get into the coldest winter months they'll give me a beautiful green egg. [​IMG]

My Blue Copper hen.

[​IMG]

& my Black Copper hen.

[​IMG]

This is one of the two Wheaten chicks hatched by my broody Ameraucana hen, luckily both chicks she hatched turned out to be pullets! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Wheaties are adorable as youngins.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  10. Gerry2011

Gerry2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2011
    NW Arkansas
    I'm soooooooooo envious!! What gorgeous gals! Love the fluffy face in the last photo [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by