The Olive-Egger thread!

I lost my Olive Egger pullet this summer, back during our monster heat wave. I couldn't believe that my Easter Eggers, with their pitifully small combs and wattles, and my fluffy English Orpingtons, all made it fine.

I'm picking up my first Blue Copper Marans pullets tomorrow to breed with my Isbar cockerel. They are between 5-6 months old. Very excited:)

I'm hoping if my buff orpington goes broody I can get a welsummer rooster to breed with my americaunas and hatch some Olive Eggers.

an F1OE and an F1OE make and F2OE right? with a darker green egg? or is it and F1OE plus a brown layer that makes an F2OE?

an F1OE and an F1OE make and F2OE right? with a darker green egg? or is it and F1OE plus a brown layer that makes an F2OE?

You will get some with darker green eggs, but you begin to lose the blue egg shell gene.

Have you seen the chart?

You will get some with darker green eggs, but you begin to lose the blue egg shell gene.

Have you seen the chart?

After I posted I found it, the text is hard to read for me though. I just looked at the colors. I have one olive egger hen, one white layer and the rest are varying shades of brown. I just want to be sure if I tell people that pullets from the brown and green eggs should be olive eggers that I'm being truthful.

Back
Top Bottom