The Pepper Baby Chronicles Indiana Winter in the Aviary

What type of wood do you use for the perches? Wondering what is safe since they like to chew.
we have grapevines that grow wild on our privacy fence......mr muddy cut some of the vines that we had trimmed back and made the perch from that. we also built a perch tree from dowels. they have never had any problems from the perch materials. we attempted to plant a blueberry bush in the center but had to do an emergency rescue and plant it in another part of the yard when they tried to kill it. but we did research safe plants prior to choosing everything for the aviaries.

we have grapevines that grow wild on our privacy fence......mr muddy cut some of the vines that we had trimmed back and made the perch from that. we also built a perch tree from dowels. they have never had any problems from the perch materials. we attempted to plant a blueberry bush in the center but had to do an emergency rescue and plant it in another part of the yard when they tried to kill it. but we did research safe plants prior to choosing everything for the aviaries.
The grapevines... that's what I saw and wondered what it was. Sure looks like a bunch of happy birds you have there!

What’s a reaper?
that clutch of budgie babies is named after hot peppers. so this female’s name is “Carolina Reaper” Jalapeño is also a female but she’s a brighter blue like Mama Bella. Habanero is a male, Ghost is female, and Scorpion is a male. Second clutch has alcohol names 🤣🤣🤣

that clutch of budgie babies is named after hot peppers. so this female’s name is “Carolina Reaper” Jalapeño is also a female but she’s a brighter blue like Mama Bella. Habanero is a male, Ghost is female, and Scorpion is a male. Second clutch has alcohol names 🤣🤣🤣
evidently i named reaper semi-correctly!! because she is the grim reaper!! i thought she was the one nesting, but i now only have 2 parakeet eggs in the nest and i have caught her red-handed in the finch nest as the main killer of my baby finches 🤬🤬🤬 she’s also the likely culprit of fighting with the other parakeets! mr muddy suggested that i get some cages with nests and as soon as one of the birds start to use the nest, i should lock them in and feed them separately until the babies fledge. i think this is a good idea and i’m going to give it a try!!

Back
Top Bottom