Votes: 93 48.2%
  • they are my life

Votes: 33 17.1%
  • love them

Votes: 75 38.9%

• Total voters
Pics
She is likely LF, they are not big birds though. They have a slim body type.😊
Oh good, because she's now begging to be held everyday 😆 just the sweetest.

Right now she watches the big girls all day,their cages are end to end. But she is still doing her baby chirp. Elsa acts like she wants to eat her, of course 😆

Do any of you have grown frizzle polish? Do they fly well enough for very high perches? Contemplating getting her a future friend, and I'd like a frizzle.. but only if they can hang together. Otherwise ill stick to smooth feathered.

Well... now that my 3 little boys (one definitive, 2 probable) have found new homes, my big boy, aka big girl, now renamed Esmeralda 😍 cries when it gets late, so i bring her out to sit with me. But.. at 6 weeks, she is really big.. so maybe not a bantam afterall!

Here is tonight's cuddle time.

Looking kinda big 😬
View attachment 2821930

And despite being big, still a baby. Here she face planted on my arm, asleep 😴

View attachment 2821932

@PippinTheChicken @LadiesAndJane @Chickeria
😍 Esmeralda!
She is adorable 🥰
I love when they fall asleep - so much trust ❤️

Just wondering what type of feeder works best for polish chickens? I have a treadle feeder and I know my polish cockerel can work it, but my pullet cannot at this point. I've been offering food on the side, but will be on a trip here soon and won't have anyone checking on them early - just later in the day. Since it's a 3 day weekend, I'm keeping an eye on her to see how she fairs if there is no extra food left in the run. However, my fat LF birds are lazy and will eat the feed in the containers as well. So, I need to get them back to the treadle too. :rolleyes:

Just wondering what type of feeder works best for polish chickens? I have a treadle feeder and I know my polish cockerel can work it, but my pullet cannot at this point. I've been offering food on the side, but will be on a trip here soon and won't have anyone checking on them early - just later in the day. Since it's a 3 day weekend, I'm keeping an eye on her to see how she fairs if there is no extra food left in the run. However, my fat LF birds are lazy and will eat the feed in the containers as well. So, I need to get them back to the treadle too. :rolleyes:
For all of my bantams, i use a gravity feeder. When i first got it, i filled it and would let it get to empty, which told me it lasted 10 days. So that was my max vacation time. I always add a second water source though, just in case there is a leak that has NEVER happened before but will while i am gone 😆

For all of my bantams, i use a gravity feeder. When i first got it, i filled it and would let it get to empty, which told me it lasted 10 days. So that was my max vacation time. I always add a second water source though, just in case there is a leak that has NEVER happened before but will while i am gone 😆
Everything seems to happen when gone. Lol. I have a gravity feeder. So I might put that in there - I went to the treadle due to my set up allowing wild birds in. One got stuck in the gravity feeder and perished. 😕

Everything seems to happen when gone. Lol. I have a gravity feeder. So I might put that in there - I went to the treadle due to my set up allowing wild birds in. One got stuck in the gravity feeder and perished. 😕
Can you add some hardware cloth or other large metal wiring where the food can fit through, but not a bird?

Can you add some hardware cloth or other large metal wiring where the food can fit through, but not a bird?
However, maybe shes got the treadle figured out. I saw her eating while the cockerel was eating. My only concern would be if she is getting enough. But, my big brahma does the same. She figured out right away that she could get feed if she let someone else do the work of standing on the treadle and she eats from the side when they do.
I just saw her scare off the cockerel and my polish pullet when she came over to join them to eat. 🤣

However, maybe shes got the treadle figured out. I saw her eating while the cockerel was eating. My only concern would be if she is getting enough. But, my big brahma does the same. She figured out right away that she could get feed if she let someone else do the work of standing on the treadle and she eats from the side when they do.
I just saw her scare off the cockerel and my polish pullet when she came over to join them to eat. 🤣
Food is an excellent motivator for figuring stuff out!! 🍗🐔

Esmeralda continues her evening TV time call... tonight she was trying to peck out the lens on my phone camera!

20210907_181616.jpg 20210907_181613.jpg

Back
Top Bottom