The Pita Pinta Asturiana

The already hatched chicks survived but only one of the other eggs hatched and it has leg problems. The second incubator was a total loss. I packed it away until spring. I am thankful that I have 18 healthy chicks from 2 hatches. I’m planning on hatching more in the spring and also buying some from Greenfire.

The already hatched chicks survived but only one of the other eggs hatched and it has leg problems. The second incubator was a total loss. I packed it away until spring. I am thankful that I have 18 healthy chicks from 2 hatches. I’m planning on hatching more in the spring and also buying some from Greenfire.
I am sorry you lost the egg in the incubators!

I am very excited about the spring time plans

Happy New Year!!!! It is snowing like crazy here in Camino! I love it!!!
Before the wind and snow started this morning, I snapped a few pics of my Pita Pinta 11 cockerels and 7 pullets. They are 17 and 20 weeks old.
0906BA35-2F5E-46A2-A0DA-43C5ADD2A253.jpeg
B70C06D6-C83D-469A-A1FB-CAB80136B817.jpeg

Happy New Year!!!! It is snowing like crazy here in Camino! I love it!!!
Before the wind and snow started this morning, I snapped a few pics of my Pita Pinta 11 cockerels and 7 pullets. They are 17 and 20 weeks old. View attachment 2003994View attachment 2003995
They are so cute!

I changed my avatar back to two of my cockerels from several years ago

My breeding plan for this year is to concentrate on breeding my Langshan in the spring and Pita Pinta in July/August when last year’s chicks are close to a year. I might put the chosen cockerels in with the mothers in May or June. The pullets will go in with Julio when they are close to a year old. I printed off the Spanish breed standard last night so I have it handy when choosing which boys to keep.

My breeding plan for this year is to concentrate on breeding my Langshan in the spring and Pita Pinta in July/August when last year’s chicks are close to a year. I might put the chosen cockerels in with the mothers in May or June. The pullets will go in with Julio when they are close to a year old. I printed off the Spanish breed standard last night so I have it handy when choosing which boys to keep.
That is very exciting!

Back
Top Bottom