The Plymouth Rock Breeders thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
See that little pencil icon at the bottom of our posts? If we hit that pencil icon, we can edit and fix brain freezes and stiff finger typing.

I don't know what I'd do without that icon.
tongue.png

Fred are you telling me I should put both females with one male? So far I've done just single matings so I know each chicks sire and dam. Yup see the pencil. Thanks!

Last edited:
Got it that's exactly what I ve been doing. Sory I missread part of your post. All my chicks will have a known father and mother. I will take pics of what develops later. Still working on my chicken photography. They are so difficult to photograph!! Thanks again.

Ok, so I don't want to get too discouraged but I have an urgent (to me, lol) question regarding my Barred Rock birds. I have the 2 cockerels and two pullets-10 and 11 mos. old. The cockerels are great, Fred's Hens and xw. The pullets are both xw. Both of the females are getting solid black feathers amongst their plumage. I have 10 single bred eggs in the incubator. If this is a genetic heredity problem I'm sunk this year. I will have to try to raise some shipped eggs and hope for some females that don't display this. I don't want to keep these chicks if the likelihood is great they will inherit this fault. I am terrible at getting decent photos of chickens but I have one of the one pullet that hopefully shows this.

Can someone advise me?
sad.png

Maybe it is just the picture, but the bird appears to have wry tail. If so, that is a DQ, and could be a deal breaker.

Last edited:
Hey ya'll I was talking to a breeder in North Carolina who had some heritage Barred Rocks. While trying to communicate things happened and I lost contact. I am looking to get some hatching eggs hopefully this week. But am looking for some one with good quality "heritage BR" in the NC, SC, GA areas. I am in the upstate SC area and would travel a bit to pick up some eggs. I don't like to bother with shipped eggs if I can help it.
If any one knows someone that can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it!
Again. I'm looking for "heritage" I breed production BR already but would like to be part of bringing back what this breed was meant to be. Thanks!

Very happy to have got this Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock print in the mail today from Mr Gilbert. It has already been framed and hung to the wall. :)
I am also very proud to be Life Member #57 of the Plymouth Rock Fanciers Club of America. Yes I am definitely into breeding the Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks for the long haul! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom