The Quizzical Chicks - Barnevelders or Partridge Rocks?

AshleySGM

Songster
Jun 26, 2018
Easley, SC
I figured since I keep googling this that I'd just post a thread for others to reference and see if it helps them when trying to figure out what their chicks are.

A little history... I ordered and Assorted Heavy Pullet special from Ideal Poultry on June 27th, 2018. I received 25 chicks and lost one on the very first day. It was one of the white chicks we later deemed as White Rocks. 5 were black which we figured were Jersey Giants because they had yellow feet, 5 were red which were either Production Reds or New Hampshire Reds and the last 4 were assorted color Cochins. We've since sold all the chicks except 6, the blue (actually Lavender Cochin) and these 5 'brown or chipmunk' chicks. I'm going to post photos of their growth and I hope it helps. :)

These first photos are right after they arrived so Day 1...
20180629_081037.jpg

20180629_081013.jpg

I think you're right. The older they get the more it looks like more than one breed. They're all 5 pretty flighty. The pretty cochin is super sweet.
Cochins are usually little huggy bears. Great breed for pets. I'd imagine the others will simmer down once they put on some weight. They're going through their terrible teens right now.

Back
Top Bottom